Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What is acceptable proof of address please

What is acceptable proof of address please

Old Oct 16th 2016, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

wez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nice
Default What is acceptable proof of address please

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread, but it's on topic sso saves starting another...

I've just filled the application for a 'go' account in NZX, i'm currently in UK but preparing early for moving over there next October(ish). We are visiting my wife's parents in January for 3 weeks in Whangaparaoa, so i've set that as my favoured branch, what would be acceptable as proof of address as i'll have to sort something out to be sent there in my name. I can't exactly have bills sent there from here lol.

Thanks
Old Oct 17th 2016, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is acceptable proof of address please

Originally Posted by wez130
Hi, sorry to hijack this thread, but it's on topic sso saves starting another...

I've just filled the application for a 'go' account in NZX, i'm currently in UK but preparing early for moving over there next October(ish). We are visiting my wife's parents in January for 3 weeks in Whangaparaoa, so i've set that as my favoured branch, what would be acceptable as proof of address as i'll have to sort something out to be sent there in my name. I can't exactly have bills sent there from here lol.

Thanks
Banks don't usually like people opening accounts using false addresses - it is fraudulent apparently. NZX is the New Zealand Stock Exchange, they don't do bank accounts.

If you mean ANZ then they are equipped to deal with setting up bank accounts for people that aren't in New Zealand yet. I don't have experience of using that service myself because I was like you - I worried about it and set up an account by depositing some cash when I was visiting on holiday before I immigrated. That was many years ago and the address identification rules are more stringent now. I think that setting the account up as an overseas person to begin with is your best option.
Old Oct 17th 2016, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

wez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nice

Hi, That's what i did, set up as an overseas customer using my current UK address, they emailed me asking for passports etc and i sent them. I wasn't trying to be fraudulant, when we do move over, it will be to my wifes parents to start until we have enough to buy / or find a rental, ideally the first one. My wife has about £13k in her kiwisaver so it's help towards a first house.
Old Oct 17th 2016, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Jpearson92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm not sure with ANZ but I'm an in a similar position to you and was going to use an office address.

However, with BNZ (and others I presume) you can set up your account overseas but need to be in NZ to activate it and obviously need proof of address. BNZ will accept my UK residence as proof of address when I activate my account apparently.

https://www.bnz.co.nz/support/banking/id-requirements/id-requirements

Right at the bottom of the page.