What are

Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:28 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of
Default What are

What are your favourite things about NZ

I'll start:

The All Blacks
The Hurricanes
The Cafe Society
All the different food & wine festivals
The way everyone goes mad when they hear "Why does love do this to me"
people you have never met before saying good morning to you on the street
The seafood, especially the gorgous mussells and prawns and crayfish (when we can afford it)
The laidbackness of working life
Travelling on the motorway to work and you can actually see water.

Whatdya reckon
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:55 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are

Pumpkin
The night sky
Garage sales
My childrens schools

Can't think of owt else
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:17 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

I'll make the most of any positive thread, with winter around the corner things are only going to go downhill from here until November time and you'll get everyone moaning about central heating and condensation...

I like:
eating out at cheap and delicious noodle bars and other asian eateries;
just good food, no mushy veg on the shelves or dodgy meat;
cheap wine;
lovely empty beaches;
BIG blue skies;
clear water
walking along the waterfront
yummy coffee
no relatives close by
polite children
parks and playgrounds for the kids

............ probably tonnes more - gosh I feel better already after yesterday's storms!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:49 pm
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by P18PPS
I'll make the most of any positive thread, with winter around the corner things are only going to go downhill from here until November time and you'll get everyone moaning about central heating and condensation...

I like:
eating out at cheap and delicious noodle bars and other asian eateries;
just good food, no mushy veg on the shelves or dodgy meat;
cheap wine;
lovely empty beaches;
BIG blue skies;
clear water
walking along the waterfront
yummy coffee
no relatives close by
polite children
parks and playgrounds for the kids

............ probably tonnes more - gosh I feel better already after yesterday's storms!

Glad I could help make you feel better, was pretty bad yesterday!

You mentioned some I had forgotten. Lovely empty beaches - agree totally. I dont think I have ever been to a crowded beach in the whole of NZ. You would have access to some lovely beaches in the Bays. I work in Takapuna and I still sometimes cant quite believe that near where I work is a beach! I mean a beach, on my doorstep at work, WOW! Enjoy
Old Mar 29th 2007, 11:44 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

I know, you have to pinch yourself every day!! A bit of a difference for us moving from south Birmingham, now living in walking distance of a selection of city beaches, and a school that has views to die for over rangitoto, the city, bays and one tree hill in the distance!! My mates in Brum would turn green!! You can never get complaisant and must always say to yourselves "yes we did it" !! Takapuna is lovely, I've only been to the beach a couple of times with my daughters for walks - I must make the effort "over the bridge" and have a day up there.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 3:36 am
CockneyLass

Originally Posted by P18PPS
I know, you have to pinch yourself every day!! A bit of a difference for us moving from south Birmingham, now living in walking distance of a selection of city beaches, and a school that has views to die for over rangitoto, the city, bays and one tree hill in the distance!! My mates in Brum would turn green!! You can never get complaisant and must always say to yourselves "yes we did it" !! Takapuna is lovely, I've only been to the beach a couple of times with my daughters for walks - I must make the effort "over the bridge" and have a day up there.
I know, its pretty amazing. One of the other things I love is even when its a crappy day its never as dull as a crappy day in the UK can be - except for yesterday though, that was pretty extreme!

sorry, for some reason I thought you were the Bays in the North Shore doh! Where your living sounds lovely, especially to have a view of one tree hill, thats pretty special. Shame there is no tree there anymore though!:
Old Mar 30th 2007, 4:07 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

I like the wacky weather. It makes me feel alive.

I like New Zealand's sporting passion (except for motor racing, that's crap).

I like how my neighbour always walks by and says, 'Howzit mateys?'

I like feijoas. (Never even heard of 'em 'til I moved to New Zealand)

I like being in a crowded pub drinking Tui's and cheering on the All Blacks.

I like how New Zealand immigration always tell my Thai wife when she returns from overseas trips, 'Welcome home'. That's so good to hear, you know.

'Welcome home'. That's what I like most about New Zealand. It's home now.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 10:15 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=sky;

Can't think of owt else [/QUOTE]

OWT ? RU from Yorkshire with NOWT taken OWT
Old Mar 30th 2007, 10:47 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

I Love:
my Kiwi House - first house I have ever owned, with it's own gully: you can't imagine owning this in the UK in a million years.