Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Whangarei vs New Plymouth

Whangarei vs New Plymouth

Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

johnny j is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whangarei vs New Plymouth

Hiya, I've been offered jobs in both of these areas and would like to know what people think of them both? I've not been able to visit so am rapidly reading as much as possible on the web. Of course I can weigh up the job details of each, but I'm also v. interested in comparisons such as:

- standards of living
- demographic differences between populations
- housing
- culture
- activities for kids (& parents!)
- schools
- eating out, etc

Simple question but I know impossible answer - which is the better place to live!!?

Thanks for any help.

JJ
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

kitty041073 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whangarei vs New Plymouth

Originally Posted by johnny j
Hiya, I've been offered jobs in both of these areas and would like to know what people think of them both? I've not been able to visit so am rapidly reading as much as possible on the web. Of course I can weigh up the job details of each, but I'm also v. interested in comparisons such as:

- standards of living
- demographic differences between populations
- housing
- culture
- activities for kids (& parents!)
- schools
- eating out, etc

Simple question but I know impossible answer - which is the better place to live!!?

Thanks for any help.

JJ
Hi,

I lived in lived and worked in Whangarei back in 1996 for one year and loved it. I have family living there and have always wanted to go back. My partner and I did a complete tour of New zealand last Christmas and we both decided to give it a go. Out of all the places we went we both prefered Whangarei. We are moving out on the 22/11/05. I really think it depends what you want. We were initially going to start off in Auckland as we both could get good jobs there but our long tern plan was to move to Whangarei. I fell pregnant and that changed everything. Whangarei is definitely where I want my children to grow up.

Good luck, I hope it all works out for you.