Reload this Page >

Whangarei and Tauranga campsites

Whangarei and Tauranga campsites

Old Nov 3rd 2006, 11:38 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whangarei and Tauranga campsites

Originally Posted by mojos
the van took a beating from the wind as there's not much shelter.
oh yes, temporarily forgot about the wind. We stayed one night to see my (favourite NZ thing) KATCHAFIRE and our tent was blown into the sea! It was an expensive mountain tent too as Boyfriend likes to do mountain stuff and off it flew up up up and away over the caravans, CRASH into the sea, up up up and away towards the rocks, CRASH into the rocks and off off off we ran into the sea in our undies to collect it. It was ripped to shreds.

How we laughed at the rugged NZ lifestyle.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

mojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mazi
oh yes, temporarily forgot about the wind. We stayed one night to see my (favourite NZ thing) KATCHAFIRE and our tent was blown into the sea! It was an expensive mountain tent too as Boyfriend likes to do mountain stuff and off it flew up up up and away over the caravans, CRASH into the sea, up up up and away towards the rocks, CRASH into the rocks and off off off we ran into the sea in our undies to collect it. It was ripped to shreds.

How we laughed at the rugged NZ lifestyle.
Yep we laughed but were pretty scared too :scared: . We were in a campervan but lots of the tent families packed up and left it was so windy.

Definitely pleased that we wasn't given a hill pitch.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

shazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
Can anyone reccomend any campsites in or around either Whangarei and Tauranga?

Must have showers and a toilet (to empty my bucket in )
Whangarei Top 10 Holiday Park,24 Mair St, www.whangareitop10.co.nz
email [email protected]

This is a really nice holiday park,very clean and tidy,no loud parties and no loud noise tolerated after 10pm.The Staff are very good.There are camping facilities,parking for camper vans etc and cabins.
I stayed here myself for a three day break from my kids to catch up on some rest it was great ,quiet and central to all things in Whangarei.

Last edited by shazzafromnz; Nov 4th 2006 at 2:23 am.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 6:55 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazzafromnz
Whangarei Top 10 Holiday Park,24 Mair St, www.whangareitop10.co.nz
email [email protected]

This is a really nice holiday park,very clean and tidy,no loud parties and no loud noise tolerated after 10pm.The Staff are very good.There are camping facilities,parking for camper vans etc and cabins.
I stayed here myself for a three day break from my kids to catch up on some rest it was great ,quiet and central to all things in Whangarei.
Booked

Cheers

How do you find Whangarei as a place to live?

Do you have kids at school age if so any reccomendations?

Which areas to avoid?

Want to meet up for a chat and a

PS Sorry for all the Q's
Old Nov 4th 2006, 7:08 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex geordie
We stayed at Cozy Corner its a good site
Booked 11th-17th Jan

Cheers
Old Nov 4th 2006, 7:24 am
Account Closed

Booked 11th-17th Jan

Cheers
You don't muck about, do you?
Old Nov 4th 2006, 7:25 am
Banned

You don't muck about, do you?
Everything's booked now. Only thing is I to buy a tent when I get there

And a BIG bucket
Old Nov 4th 2006, 7:59 am
Account Closed

Everything's booked now. Only thing is I to buy a tent when I get there

And a BIG bucket
You could get one of those (buckets) with the separate section so you have 2 separate parts for each motion. That way you won't splash yourself.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 8:18 am
Banned

You could get one of those (buckets) with the separate section so you have 2 separate parts for each motion. That way you won't splash yourself.
That and some wet wipes :scared:

Old Nov 5th 2006, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

shazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant future

Booked

Cheers

How do you find Whangarei as a place to live?

Do you have kids at school age if so any reccomendations?

Which areas to avoid?

Want to meet up for a chat and a

PS Sorry for all the Q's
Wow
That was quick.
I am Uk born (but really a NZer/dual citizen who pops in on this site to answer questions about Whangarei from time to time) so I am not giving you a view as a true expat ,however I have lived and worked in the UK too.
re Whangarei we live in a country area about 9 km south from the CBD .
..we like it here because of the beautiful accessible coastline between Langs beach in the south thru to Bay of Islands in the North. My husband is a keen fisherman and diver..and we are out door people.We live on 12 acres..and have lots of animals.
We like the climate.mild winters and accessibility to Auckland.
If I was starting from Scratch i would probably choose to live in Tauranga but property is much more expensive there for the same thing.I also like Napier but its too far from Auckland and all our family live around the Auckland -Northland area..
My 11 yr old goes to a small country school 3 km from our house.Next year she will go to Whangarei Intermediate.
My three yr old goes to a day care in town for 5 hrs a week but she will start kindergarten soon.
There are pockets of suburbs or particular streets to avoid rather than whole suburbs and it is all relative to choice of housing,income level and services required where one would choose to live in Whangarei. The only suburb I would avoid in its entirety would be one called Otangarei..(low employment..low income..social probs) and a part of Raumanga called Smeatons Drive/lower Raumanga (same reason).Other wise it is mainly streets to avoid in some suburbs.
There isn't alot of choice for high schools and I'm not that impressed at what choice we do have but we have 2 1/2 years to decide what to do about that.
Sorry cant meet up for a drink as will probably be on holiday then.
Cheers Shazza.
Ps
Make sure you go for a drive out to the whangarei heads(harbour beaches) and to the beaches around the Tutukaka coast eg,Whale bay..down a track,Matapouri,Sandy Bay.(Ocean beaches east of Whangarei)..Very pretty.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 5:43 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Any link or pointers Mazi?
At the bottom to the right at the base you can almost see the walking track from the campsite to the base walk.

http://www.nzcamping.co.nz/camp.php?id=837
Attached Thumbnails Whangarei and Tauranga campsites-mount.jpg  

Last edited by thebears; Nov 5th 2006 at 5:46 am.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:13 am
Banned

Originally Posted by shazzafromnz
Wow
That was quick.
I am Uk born (but really a NZer/dual citizen who pops in on this site to answer questions about Whangarei from time to time) so I am not giving you a view as a true expat ,however I have lived and worked in the UK too.
re Whangarei we live in a country area about 9 km south from the CBD .
..we like it here because of the beautiful accessible coastline between Langs beach in the south thru to Bay of Islands in the North. My husband is a keen fisherman and diver..and we are out door people.We live on 12 acres..and have lots of animals.
We like the climate.mild winters and accessibility to Auckland.
If I was starting from Scratch i would probably choose to live in Tauranga but property is much more expensive there for the same thing.I also like Napier but its too far from Auckland and all our family live around the Auckland -Northland area..
My 11 yr old goes to a small country school 3 km from our house.Next year she will go to Whangarei Intermediate.
My three yr old goes to a day care in town for 5 hrs a week but she will start kindergarten soon.
There are pockets of suburbs or particular streets to avoid rather than whole suburbs and it is all relative to choice of housing,income level and services required where one would choose to live in Whangarei. The only suburb I would avoid in its entirety would be one called Otangarei..(low employment..low income..social probs) and a part of Raumanga called Smeatons Drive/lower Raumanga (same reason).Other wise it is mainly streets to avoid in some suburbs.
There isn't alot of choice for high schools and I'm not that impressed at what choice we do have but we have 2 1/2 years to decide what to do about that.
Sorry cant meet up for a drink as will probably be on holiday then.
Cheers Shazza.
Ps
Make sure you go for a drive out to the whangarei heads(harbour beaches) and to the beaches around the Tutukaka coast eg,Whale bay..down a track,Matapouri,Sandy Bay.(Ocean beaches east of Whangarei)..Very pretty.
Many thanks. I will visit all of those. My things to do is growing rapidly
Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by thebears
At the bottom to the right at the base you can almost see the walking track from the campsite to the base walk.

http://www.nzcamping.co.nz/camp.php?id=837
Its gonna kill me walking up that thing

Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:18 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Its gonna kill me walking up that thing

Try running up and down and sprinting along the high street for the annual "king of the mount" race.

Trust me not something to do the day after your 21st.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by thebears
Try running up and down and sprinting along the high street for the annual "king of the mount" race.

Trust me not something to do the day after your 21st.
My days of sadism are over. Well mostly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.