Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Whangarei and Tauranga campsites

Whangarei and Tauranga campsites

Old Nov 2nd 2006, 2:40 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whangarei and Tauranga campsites

Can anyone reccomend any campsites in or around either Whangarei and Tauranga?

Must have showers and a toilet (to empty my bucket in )
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:17 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whangarei and Tauranga campsites

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
Can anyone reccomend any campsites in or around either Whangarei and Tauranga?

Must have showers and a toilet (to empty my bucket in )
Well you'd have to stay at The Mount of course - in the campsite at the bottom
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:21 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mazi
Well you'd have to stay at The Mount of course - in the campsite at the bottom
Any link or pointers Mazi?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:27 pm
Account Closed

Any link or pointers Mazi?
oh OK - Mount Maunganui near Tauranga (ajoined). It's world famous in New Zealand. I don't know how to paste a link - I've only just learnt the faces!
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:31 pm
Banned

oh OK - Mount Maunganui near Tauranga (ajoined). It's world famous in New Zealand. I don't know how to paste a link - I've only just learnt the faces!
Any of THESE? ?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

Any of THESE? ?
How do you do that?!

Mount Maunganui Beachside Holiday Park - that's the one. And you can go in the hot pools too.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:44 pm
Banned

How do you do that?!

Mount Maunganui Beachside Holiday Park - that's the one. And you can go in the hot pools too.
Thanks Mazi

Its easy. Click on the icon that looks like the World with a chain link under it. Then enter the text you want underlining and then click OK and then paste in the URL of the website you want linking to ans press OK.

Voila. Thats Italian
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

ex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really nice

Any of THESE? ?
We stayed at Cozy Corner its a good site
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

PaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ex geordie
We stayed at Cozy Corner its a good site

We used Cosy Corner when we were on our look-see trip last year. It's a good site and a bit quieter than the site at The Mount. Also, I know that there is quite a lot of refurbishment work going on at the Mount campsite and the 'facilities are not really too good. The mount site is right next to the road and gets very busy with 'boy racers' at night so sleeping can be a problem!

If you use the Cosy Corner site then try Tommos Bar. Turn right out of the campsite gates and its about 100 meters down the road on the left. Great breakfasts and it seems to stay open till v late! There's also a Diary (corner shop) next door to Tommos. Cosy Corner is only across the road from the beach and about 10 minutes walk from the shops in The Mount.

Hope this helps

Paul
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

PaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PaulGent
We used Cosy Corner when we were on our look-see trip last year. It's a good site and a bit quieter than the site at The Mount. Also, I know that there is quite a lot of refurbishment work going on at the Mount campsite and the 'facilities are not really too good. The mount site is right next to the road and gets very busy with 'boy racers' at night so sleeping can be a problem!

If you use the Cosy Corner site then try Tommos Bar. Turn right out of the campsite gates and its about 100 meters down the road on the left. Great breakfasts and it seems to stay open till v late! There's also a Diary (corner shop) next door to Tommos. Cosy Corner is only across the road from the beach and about 10 minutes walk from the shops in The Mount.

Hope this helps

Paul
Hmmmmmmmmm Please don't try to buy foodstuff in a 'Diary'. What you actually need is a Dairy!!
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 6:18 am
Banned

Hope this helps

Paul
Thanks Paul & Ex-Geordie

I will give Cozy corner a buzz.

PS Fancy a couple of in January when I pitch up?
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:10 am
Account Closed

We used Also, I know that there is quite a lot of refurbishment work going on at the Mount campsite and the 'facilities are not really too good. The mount site is right next to the road and gets very busy with 'boy racers' at night so sleeping can be a problem!

I thought this would give him a true taste of NZ!

(Sorry)
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 3:20 pm
Banned

I thought this would give him a true taste of NZ!

(Sorry)
You little minx you

Old Nov 3rd 2006, 3:38 pm
Account Closed

You little minx you

Minnie they call me
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

mojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura about

We've stayed at the Kiwi Holiday Park camp site at Omokoroa (Omokoroa Thermal Holiday Park) and the 1 at the Mount.

It's 20 minutes away from Tauranga but lots of facilities. It's not too spread out. The campervan site was right next to the showers and loos so didn't have far to run in the middle of the night .

Free hot pools too .

The Mount site.....yep brilliant views and ideal to be on the beach but too spread out and the van took a beating from the wind as there's not much shelter.

Last edited by mojos; Nov 3rd 2006 at 11:31 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.