Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Whangaparaoa Meetup

Whangaparaoa Meetup

Old Mar 13th 2011, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whangaparaoa Meetup

Originally Posted by simonsi

Day from hell, should have stayed in bed!

Never mind, glad you all had a great time, we need another soon so the missing members can turn up!

Who made it then, other than M&C???
Aww. It rained a little and it nearly stopped the cricket but we just ducked under the tree for a minute and the skies turned blue again. Louloumama and her family came and another family who had been emailing me this week after someone pointed out the meet to them.

We will have to do it again soon! Next time my eldest WILL be there. Maybe we could do it at Stanmore Bay as they have the park and skatepark there too, it's right next to the beach and it's more accessible than Shakespeare Park?

I have only just got your text/missed call this morning because my phone died up there just after you called but I was driving, and my son had my charger with him
Old Mar 13th 2011, 10:16 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Aww. It rained a little and it nearly stopped the cricket but we just ducked under the tree for a minute and the skies turned blue again. Louloumama and her family came and another family who had been emailing me this week after someone pointed out the meet to them.
Great, glad you weren't on your lonesome after we unreliables didn't turn up

We will have to do it again soon! Next time my eldest WILL be there. Maybe we could do it at Stanmore Bay as they have the park and skatepark there too, it's right next to the beach and it's more accessible than Shakespeare Park?
Definitely! And Stanmore Bay is fine with us

I have only just got your text/missed call this morning because my phone died up there just after you called but I was driving, and my son had my charger with him
Seems to be a mobile trait at the moment, txts getting lost in the ether for a day or so sometimes. I did suspect you had phone problems when I couldnt raise you
Old Mar 13th 2011, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Great, glad you weren't on your lonesome after we unreliables didn't turn up

Seems to be a mobile trait at the moment, txts getting lost in the ether for a day or so sometimes. I did suspect you had phone problems when I couldnt raise you
No! We see Louloumama at the school anyway so we both already knew we would def be there. It is beautiful but a heck of a drive. I had to drive C back home half way through the day as he had a test (which he passed ) and you forget that it's actually a 20 minute journey each way from home! So I did the trip 4x

Hope you had a fun (!!) time at the school thing too

Edited to add: I had one spot where I could get a signal out there and if my phone moved even 1mm, it was lost!
Old Mar 13th 2011, 10:47 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

So I did the trip 4x
Eeek! Arkles Bay Beach next time then?
Old Mar 13th 2011, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Eeek! Arkles Bay Beach next time then?
If petrol prices keep on rising the way they have been, that may be the plan
Old Mar 13th 2011, 11:54 pm
It is what it is Member

If petrol prices keep on rising the way they have been, that may be the plan
Ah, well Pak & Slave had a $0.20 offer on over the weekend so we partook and filled the big car and a jerry can at that rate....73litres so $14 saved and both cars filled. We even stopped the checkout and paid at $203 and got the 20c voucher, then finished off and got another 6c voucher! We used to do this at Tesco, it always surprises the checkout staff that you can do this it seems!

I plan to test whether you get the 20c voucher if you buy a P&S $200 giftcard (anyone know?) So you can buy several weeks shopping at once and get several vouchers???? sensible accounting suggests you shouldn't be able to as the giftcard shouldn't count as spent with P&S until redeemed but you never know....
Old Mar 14th 2011, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Ah, well Pak & Slave had a $0.20 offer on over the weekend so we partook and filled the big car and a jerry can at that rate....73litres so $14 saved and both cars filled. We even stopped the checkout and paid at $203 and got the 20c voucher, then finished off and got another 6c voucher! .
We were also in Pak n Shove on the weekend and also partook in the 20c off offer. This was after I'd just filled my car up so that's for next time

I hadn't even thought to split it up for the petrol vouchers. You live and learn!
Old Mar 14th 2011, 11:36 am
Just Joined

strange1 is an unknown quantity at this point

We had agreat time would be good to meet up again xx thanks all xx

Originally Posted by strange1
Very new to site sorry xxx

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 15th 2011 at 5:33 am. Reason: merge
Old Mar 15th 2011, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by strange1
Welcome to BE, T & P
Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:37 am
Just Joined

strange1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well thank you heres to the next meet up
Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:02 am
It is what it is Member

Yes welcome!
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Tooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud of

If you intend Shakespeare to be your destination-be aware poison drop due April. Local paper had it--Manly Butchers have details in their window
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:52 am
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by Tooanfrom
If you intend Shakespeare to be your destination-be aware poison drop due April.
Nah, that was last time. Well it was for those who showed up
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tooanfrom
If you intend Shakespeare to be your destination-be aware poison drop due April. Local paper had it--Manly Butchers have details in their window
Thanks for the heads up! I shall warn my friends about it too as we go there quite often. Stanmore Bay, I think, is next on the cards. It's a bit more central
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nah, that was last time. Well it was for those who showed up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.