We've Had Enough

Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: We've Had Enough

Originally Posted by Nerine

Do you honestly expect your work experiences to be any better in NZ?

Why shouldn't he expect better? No-one seriously ups sticks for worse work experiences do they?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:50 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I

Why shouldn't he expect better? No-one seriously ups sticks for worse work experiences do they?
Hi, my name's happynz. That's the story of my life.

Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by psa2570
Whoa, and i thought it was only me.
You ought to read my little rant on "reasons for moving to NZ" thread, post #95. My missus felt obliged to apologise for me lest someone think i'm a card carrying BNP member or something.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by happynz
Hi, my name's happynz. That's the story of my life.

oh no, you're kidding?? (I hope)
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by plummyscum
We work our backsides off and get nowhere.

I never thought I'd ever say this but I have grown to hate living here.

Get yerselves over here asap sweetheart! Sun is shining today, summer is great, life is good.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:04 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Why does he believe that NZ is any better?

1. He's stated that he gets absued at work - I'm wondering if he's read any of the recent posts about the bullying culture of the NZ workplace

2. The comments about the national health service and his wife not being able to work to the standard she's been taught, isn't that a common complaint of UK nurses in NZ? I think I once read someone describing how UK nurses are taught to be interventionist whilst in NZ they're expected just to observe, how they are held back from practising nursing in the way they've been taught in the UK.

On the face of it it ....sounds like a case of post-holiday blues to me. But I'm sure you'll be there to bail him out when he takes you up on your offer .
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

1. He's stated that he gets absued at work - I'm wondering if he's read any of the recent posts about the bullying culture of the NZ workplace

2. The comments about the national health service and his wife not being able to work to the standard she's been taught, isn't that a common complaint of UK nurses in NZ? I think I once read someone describing how UK nurses are taught to be interventionist whilst in NZ they're expected just to observe, how they are held back from practising nursing in the way they've been taught in the UK.

On the face of it it ....sounds like a case of post-holiday blues to me. But I'm sure you'll be there to bail him out when he takes you up on your offer .

What offer? I haven't offered anything, have I?...lol...(yikes, *goes back to check post*).

Ok, you make good points (except the first one). There are quite a few things here which are lower standard than UK. I found those things irritating when I first landed as I wanted efficiency, efficiency, efficiency, maestro! It used to really do my nut in that things weren't done yesterday. But things are more laid back here and if you like the more relaxed kiwi attitude (which I do) you have to make some compromises. And anyway, I'm glad I don't have to work like a trojan anymore like I did in London. I'm more in favour of a "work to live" rather than "live to work" lifestyle, so NZ suits me (but it didn't in the beginning - things take time to adjust).

It doesn't sound like "holiday blues" to me. It sounds like he really hates it and that is reason enough to leave, imo, otherwise he'll end up in a rut living a life he hates. So I say he should come on over and check it out down here, he can always go home if he doesn't like it, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Last edited by Elizabeth I; Jan 31st 2008 at 3:16 am.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

huh? Bullying culture? Where? That sounds like scaremongering.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:22 am

No it isn't, the posts are there if you want to go look for them.

"Get yerselves over here asap sweetheart" wasn't an invitation then?

Life must be good for you......did you wag work today?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't sound like "holiday blues" to me. It sounds like he really hates it and that is reason enough to leave, imo, otherwise he'll end up in a rut living a life he hates. So I say he should come on over and check it out down here, he can always go home if he doesn't like it, but nothing ventured nothing gained.
A good test of how the poster truly feels would be to not read any UK newspapers for a month, nor watch any News media/internet so a bit like being abroad on holiday in a foreign country where you don't speak the language...take a break from the stress and rubbish the media throws at us...then see if you still feel the same or slightly more relaxed.
Reading the NZ media can be equally depressing...child abuse, murder, gangs, roaddeaths etc etc - our ancestors were arguably healthier mentally because they didn't have to worry about the whole world's problems the whole time.

Any down in the dumps women could also try abstaining from Women's Mags which simply exist to make you feel inadequate about yourselves and to make money for the advertisers.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Life must be good for you......did you wag work today?

LOL! Nah, had to do some work today but life is still good. If I had my way, I'd wag work everyday and go chill on the beach (or rather, roast in this summer heat wave.)
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

hahahaha, naw, that was just a generic "get your butt to NZ," not specifically to yours truly.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by luvwelly
A good test of how the poster truly feels would be to not read any UK newspapers for a month, nor watch any News media/internet so a bit like being abroad on holiday in a foreign country where you don't speak the language...take a break from the stress and rubbish the media throws at us...then see if you still feel the same or slightly more relaxed.
Reading the NZ media can be equally depressing...child abuse, murder, gangs, roaddeaths etc etc - our ancestors were arguably healthier mentally because they didn't have to worry about the whole world's problems the whole time.

Good point, I don't read (and rarely watch) the news anymore. It's only ever "bad news" and who wants to be depressed? NZ media is crap too.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Sheesh, first time I ever heard of that.......
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:42 am

LOL! Nah, had to do some work today but life is still good. If I had my way, I'd wag work everyday and go chill on the beach (or rather, roast in this summer heat wave.)
The OP also said they had a strong work ethic........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.