We've Had Enough

Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

mandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nice
Default Re: We've Had Enough

What a gorgeous piccie es that would do it.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine
And why do you expect that NZ will be any different?
that is what I was thinking..... to be fair, the problems might still be there but you will get better weather to mull over them!

Saying that, really really mild Feb day today. We have been out in the garden most of the day (wrapped up well of course) but have been out from 10am until about 10 mins ago. Am hoping for a nice spring. Even have snow drops around the garden and the birds seem very busy - building nests I hope. I love Spring. So full of promise and new life.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by plummyscum
- I can't even get my bins emptied.
Really? Maybe that's to encourage you to recycle. 3 adults in our home have 1/2 a wheelie bin of rubbish each fortnight.

I suspect NZ is much further ahead with regards to recycling.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 7:41 pm
JoB
Off to middle earth

JoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Really? Maybe that's to encourage you to recycle. 3 adults in our home have 1/2 a wheelie bin of rubbish each fortnight.

No not ahead at all. Where we lived (Dannevirke) we either bought special bags which some came and collected you rubbish then took it to the landfill, or you took it your self. You had to physically drive through the landfill reverse your car and throw your bags down into the landfill. Not very green or hygenic at all, oh and very smelly.

Jo
Old Feb 10th 2008, 7:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoB
No not ahead at all. Where we lived (Dannevirke) we either bought special bags which some came and collected you rubbish then took it to the landfill, or you took it your self. You had to physically drive through the landfill reverse your car and throw your bags down into the landfill. Not very green or hygenic at all, oh and very smelly.

Jo
When was this?

All the Kiwi's that I have lived with (in Oz & in London) over the last 20 yrs have been incredibly "green". I appreciate however that this might not be representative of NZ as a nation, as these were people who had the motivation and inclination to move continents.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 7:58 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

When was this?

All the Kiwi's that I have lived with (in Oz & in London) over the last 20 yrs have been incredibly "green". I appreciate however that this might not be representative of NZ as a nation, as these were people who had the motivation and inclination to move continents.
They're probably not part of the great unwashed Kiwi tribe that drink canned bourbon and cola, chuck bottles at cyclists and hoon around in cars with drainpipe exhaust pipes.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by happynz
They're probably not part of the great unwashed Kiwi tribe that drink canned bourbon and cola, chuck bottles at cyclists and hoon around in cars with drainpipe exhaust pipes.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:35 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

When was this?

Well, we have been recycling here in Wellington for sodding years so i know when i went to the UK i was recycling as a matter of course. Possibly the one change (for the positive) is now the council doesn't demand that all recycling must be in their little green bin. Which is teeny tiny. They still charge for the bins though. I think that is stupid.

One thing which i think is also good is in the porirua landfill the recycling bins are free to access. I know some councils (Levin? so i guess Horowhenua?) charge to access their recycling bins.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:07 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It is my experience that NZ is much the same as the UK when it comes to household re-cycling.

In the UK , my Father has a wheelie bin for the recyclable materials . Here in NZ , we have blue containers .
Both here and in the UK have communal recycling banks.

All the Kiwi's that I have lived with (in Oz & in London) over the last 20 yrs have been incredibly "green". I appreciate however that this might not be representative of NZ as a nation
and it isn't. People here will fly tip and dig deep holes to bury rubbish, garden waste, chemicals etc. The reason they use the recycle containers is because they are free. It saves on buying a refuse bag. The reason for finding other ways to be rid of household rubbish is ,again ,to save on buying refuse bags/bins. They are also spray mad. From gardens to farming to the bush. Spray mad. So, no. IMVHO NZ is not 'green' and certainly not the 'green' it portrays itself as. What it can claim is to be nuclear free.