Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

We've got SNOW....have you?

We've got SNOW....have you?

Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:24 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question We've got SNOW....have you?

Here in olde blighty we've got SNOW

We live about 10 miles from Portsmouth on the South Coast of England and it's snowing like crazy....how bout where you live?
Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

james_vrfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We've got SNOW....have you?

Had some this morning, but all gone when i got home from work.

Had a real good hail storm during the day though.

Living in Kent by Bluewater
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:01 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Keep it. I've had enough of the white / grey / black / slushy stuff.

My parents in Essex said it was getting quite horribly bitter cold. I guess they keep quite the eye on the weather in the northeastern US states during winter, and know that their weather will be a slightly milder version of what they have in the northeast US a few days later.

My uncle and his family are in Buxton, Derbys., and have had quite the horrible snow recently.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:22 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Keep it. I've had enough of the white / grey / black / slushy stuff.

My parents in Essex said it was getting quite horribly bitter cold. I guess they keep quite the eye on the weather in the northeastern US states during winter, and know that their weather will be a slightly milder version of what they have in the northeast US a few days later.

My uncle and his family are in Buxton, Derbys., and have had quite the horrible snow recently.
My mother lives in Whaley Bridge, near Buxton, Snake Pass closed as usual, UK in turmoil due to expected snow!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:37 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
My mother lives in Whaley Bridge, near Buxton, Snake Pass closed as usual, UK in turmoil due to expected snow!
Know it well! Gorgeous area, shame about the weather...
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:54 pm
UK, NZ and SA User

leaseuk is on a distinguished road

I've got snow in Buckinghamshire. Woke up to the ground completely covered - about an inch thick.

Got home this evening and the front lawn still has some on it. It has been very cold during the day. Also had a bit of a "blizzard" on the way home for all of 5 mins. Didn't settle though.

We're in a valley so maybe that's why it settled at home, but not in the blizzard area.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:15 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone going to post a photo, I'd love to see some piccies
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by sky
Anyone going to post a photo, I'd love to see some piccies
No sorry, didn't think of that...most of it's gone now as there was some drizzle a few hours after. Although it's pitch black outside now so couldn't take a photo anyhow. If there's some there in the morning will take a photo and post it here.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Well here in NZ in Northland we just have SUN...oh well, will have to make the most of another sunny day and spend a bit of it on the beach....
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by phil01
Well here in NZ in Northland we just have SUN...oh well, will have to make the most of another sunny day and spend a bit of it on the beach....
not jealous....MUCH!!!!!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

dakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
not jealous....MUCH!!!!!
was on the M 27 and the bloody hale i had to go threw it looked like it had snowed that was about 4.30pm
Old Mar 20th 2007, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by phil01
You are a cruel man!
From us here in bitter, cold Scotland -
HURRY UP ITA!!! I WANT TO CATCH THAT SUN!!!
Old Mar 20th 2007, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Leighlou
You are a cruel man!
From us here in bitter, cold Scotland -
HURRY UP ITA!!! I WANT TO CATCH THAT SUN!!!
Will try and save a bit to share...
Old Mar 20th 2007, 2:37 am
Banned

Hang11 has a spectacular aura aboutHang11 has a spectacular aura aboutHang11 has a spectacular aura about

Spent the morning on the beach at Sumner today, lovely sunny and hot

But crossing my fingers for snow soon, because it's only 12 weeks till the ski season starts
Old Mar 20th 2007, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
Here in olde blighty we've got SNOW

We live about 10 miles from Portsmouth on the South Coast of England and it's snowing like crazy....how bout where you live?
22C and sunny here, bit of a cool breeze this morning but nice now. More of the same forecast all week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.