British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   We've got SNOW....have you? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/weve-got-snow-have-you-435797/)

Mandie Mar 19th 2007 7:24 pm

We've got SNOW....have you?

Here in olde blighty we've got SNOW

We live about 10 miles from Portsmouth on the South Coast of England and it's snowing like crazy....how bout where you live?

james_vrfc Mar 19th 2007 7:27 pm

Re: We've got SNOW....have you?

Had some this morning, but all gone when i got home from work.

Had a real good hail storm during the day though.

Living in Kent by Bluewater

Maz Mar 19th 2007 8:01 pm

Keep it. :p I've had enough of the white / grey / black / slushy stuff. :p

My parents in Essex said it was getting quite horribly bitter cold. I guess they keep quite the eye on the weather in the northeastern US states during winter, and know that their weather will be a slightly milder version of what they have in the northeast US a few days later.

My uncle and his family are in Buxton, Derbys., and have had quite the horrible snow recently. :(

karonious Mar 19th 2007 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 4535298)
Keep it. :p I've had enough of the white / grey / black / slushy stuff. :p

My parents in Essex said it was getting quite horribly bitter cold. I guess they keep quite the eye on the weather in the northeastern US states during winter, and know that their weather will be a slightly milder version of what they have in the northeast US a few days later.

My uncle and his family are in Buxton, Derbys., and have had quite the horrible snow recently. :(

My mother lives in Whaley Bridge, near Buxton, Snake Pass closed as usual, UK in turmoil due to expected snow!

Maz Mar 19th 2007 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 4535395)
My mother lives in Whaley Bridge, near Buxton, Snake Pass closed as usual, UK in turmoil due to expected snow!

Know it well! Gorgeous area, shame about the weather...

leaseuk Mar 19th 2007 8:54 pm

I've got snow in Buckinghamshire. Woke up to the ground completely covered - about an inch thick.

Got home this evening and the front lawn still has some on it. It has been very cold during the day. Also had a bit of a "blizzard" on the way home for all of 5 mins. Didn't settle though.

We're in a valley so maybe that's why it settled at home, but not in the blizzard area.

sky Mar 19th 2007 9:15 pm

Anyone going to post a photo, I'd love to see some piccies :)

Mandie Mar 19th 2007 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by sky (Post 4535604)
Anyone going to post a photo, I'd love to see some piccies :)

No sorry, didn't think of that...most of it's gone now as there was some drizzle a few hours after. Although it's pitch black outside now so couldn't take a photo anyhow. If there's some there in the morning will take a photo and post it here.

phil01 Mar 19th 2007 10:41 pm

Well here in NZ in Northland we just have SUN...oh well, will have to make the most of another sunny day and spend a bit of it on the beach....

Mandie Mar 19th 2007 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by phil01 (Post 4535935)
Well here in NZ in Northland we just have SUN...oh well, will have to make the most of another sunny day and spend a bit of it on the beach....

:p not jealous....MUCH!!!!!

dakesojo Mar 19th 2007 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by Mandie.H (Post 4535974)
:p not jealous....MUCH!!!!!

was on the M 27 and the bloody hale i had to go threw it looked like it had snowed that was about 4.30pm

Leighlou Mar 20th 2007 12:37 am

Originally Posted by phil01 (Post 4535935)

You are a cruel man!
From us here in bitter, cold Scotland -
HURRY UP ITA!!! I WANT TO CATCH THAT SUN!!!

phil01 Mar 20th 2007 1:35 am

Originally Posted by Leighlou (Post 4536268)
You are a cruel man!
From us here in bitter, cold Scotland -
HURRY UP ITA!!! I WANT TO CATCH THAT SUN!!!

Will try and save a bit to share...

Hang11 Mar 20th 2007 2:37 am

Spent the morning on the beach at Sumner today, lovely sunny and hot :thumbsup:

But crossing my fingers for snow soon, because it's only 12 weeks till the ski season starts :D

lapsed kiwi Mar 20th 2007 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Mandie.H (Post 4535177)
Here in olde blighty we've got SNOW

We live about 10 miles from Portsmouth on the South Coast of England and it's snowing like crazy....how bout where you live?

22C and sunny here, bit of a cool breeze this morning but nice now. More of the same forecast all week.