Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

"Weta your Whistle'-the all new Kiwi bar

"Weta your Whistle'-the all new Kiwi bar

Old Oct 20th 2014, 2:58 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Weta your Whistle'-the all new Kiwi bar

Hi Mike...don't see you in this establishment very often. What can I get you? Drinks are on me.

Kiwi fruit and vodka? Mmmm dunno, maybe ditch the kiwi fruit and just drink,the vodka.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Massive vat of medicinal spirits please, bar keep. Gone and done my bl**dy back again - getting the Sunday roast out of the stupidly designed oven yesterday (what's with the door opening towards your legs??)
Had to take a day off work today but will have to struggle in tomorrow, only got 2 sick days left and will need them for my son's hospital appointment.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 4:20 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Massive vat of medicinal spirits please, bar keep. Gone and done my bl**dy back again - getting the Sunday roast out of the stupidly designed oven yesterday (what's with the door opening towards your legs??)
Had to take a day off work today but will have to struggle in tomorrow, only got 2 sick days left and will need them for my son's hospital appointment.
Don't all oven doors open outwards? Hope your back is better anyway.

I'll have a drink please. A MASSIVE one !
Old Oct 31st 2014, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza

As in the door opens down towards you and you have to lean in over it!!! In the UK my door opened to the side - like a cupboard door xxxx
Old Nov 1st 2014, 1:43 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza

Nopes. You can have a lemonade.

I'll have your drink for you though.

That oven door thing is a nightmare and always a danger to one's eyebrows
Old Nov 21st 2014, 4:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Right it's friday evening and I shall have to make do with a virtual glass of bubbles. Stupid me decided to put myself down for an audition this evening . Never done one before and I have a terminal case of Man Flu. At least I have an excuse for my lousy voice .

Have a vat of alcohol ready for me for when I get home at 8.30 pm ta. I don't care what alcohol you choose, just need enough for wallowing in.

Old Nov 21st 2014, 3:35 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Just for VBS: a big vat of Special Brew with the contents of the slops bucket added cos we're posh in here

How did it go?
Old Nov 21st 2014, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
Just for VBS: a big vat of Special Brew with the contents of the slops bucket added cos we're posh in here

How did it go?
Cheers duck !

It was a laugh. Doubt I shall get in but at least I gave it a go. Proud of myself for that . Had to sing a bit, dance a bit and recite some lines from the show Chess.

Right, let's get back to the alcohol
Old Nov 24th 2014, 2:39 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you!

I think I'd need the alcohol before doing that plus maybe dose the audience as well to dull their pain
Old Nov 24th 2014, 7:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Persephone
Good for you!

I think I'd need the alcohol before doing that plus maybe dose the audience as well to dull their pain
I'll do that if there is ever a next time. I didn't get in but Chess is not on my list of fave musicals so I'm not bothered.
Old Nov 24th 2014, 8:02 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I'll do that if there is ever a next time. I didn't get in but Chess is not on my list of fave musicals so I'm not bothered.
Keep trying! Must admit that musicals aren't my thing anyway. I prefer plays or gigs, I dislike combining the two for some reason. Only been to one and that was forced on me by my boss in Hull. The practice had planned a night out to see Evita and I'd said I didn't want to go and fully expected the boss who was on call and had a ticket to swap the on call with me.

Come leaving time and he thrust the ticket in my hand saying that there was no way that he could possibly make it now and could I apologise to his girlfriend He refused my offer to swap seeing as if he couldn't make it then neither could I... So Simon, your girlfriend nagged you into going and you're using me as an excuse to get out of it

God it was boring and I managed to take my time and miss the whole first half...
Old Nov 26th 2014, 7:22 pm
Account Closed

Now I love musicals (not all of them) but for me life would be great if life was one long musical. I just adore singing and dancing. I used to sing on the wards all the time though I'm not sure "Every sperm is sacred" was always appropriate

It's nearly weekend so let's get 'em lined up bar bod :d rinkwine:
Old Apr 6th 2015, 9:44 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

This is a very quiet Bar. maybe I'll have a quiet
Old Apr 6th 2015, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bakedbean
This is a very quiet Bar. maybe I'll have a quiet
It is isn't it . People don't seem to visit anymore, maybe we need to update the menu. The dinoburgers are getting rather tough now.

I shall join you for a wee drinkie-poo
Old Apr 6th 2015, 11:22 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Oooh hello,
Finally some clientele to talk to! I've been the only one here for months, well, apart from the stuffed pukeko behind the bar who becomes quite entertaining after a few drinks...
Hmmm maybe I've been imbibing a bit too much...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.