Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

"Weta your Whistle'-the all new Kiwi bar

"Weta your Whistle'-the all new Kiwi bar

Old Nov 4th 2013, 4:29 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Weta your Whistle'-the all new Kiwi bar

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Yup, it's a whole school thing (primary). Calves, lambs, goats, piglets, cats, dogs, whatever they have. They have to tell the judges about the animal, how they look after it etc. and the larger animals have to do a short obstacle course of gates etc. Followed by a sausage sizzle and cake sale. Amazingly under control
Sounds like fun, amazed it went off without any disasters though...

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
trying to understand why Vodafone have taken $167 out instead of $85. I need a rather large jug or bucket of alcohol. Anything will do. Any suggestions?
Get on the phone and give them hell! We have a large dustbin full of vodka-will that be big enough?
Old Nov 4th 2013, 7:09 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

gave them hell. All sorted now. I think I'll have that bin full of vodka now please, maybe with a slice of lemon please.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Yip dee do, got a job for the whole of 2014 at the school I'm relieving at now. I totally love it there, the staff are amazing, never seen such dedication and the children are...well, rural-Far North-children
Bubbles drunk, more behind the bar if you care to join in
Old Nov 13th 2013, 2:02 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Yip dee do, got a job for the whole of 2014 at the school I'm relieving at now. I totally love it there, the staff are amazing, never seen such dedication and the children are...well, rural-Far North-children
Bubbles drunk, more behind the bar if you care to join in
That's fantastic!!! Congratulations!!!!
Old Nov 13th 2013, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Yippee de do, we got the balance of our LTBV granted - at last
Congratulations, hope your settling well and well done on the job. It's all coming together x
Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moonie2011
Congratulations, hope your settling well and well done on the job. It's all coming together x
Thank you, would love to be able to flick the LTBV into touch and get a WTR instead though! Don't think I can apply with only a temp job for next year?
Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sue
That's fantastic!!! Congratulations!!!!
Thank you x
Old Nov 19th 2013, 9:22 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Self service I think tonight. Well the white wine has all gone and now the Baileys too. I could have a G&T but I think that might make me sick after all that Baileys.
I've changed the music as well. All that rap and hip hop and shite was doing my head in so we are back to 80s classics. Songs with words and not just electronic music.

I'm dancing right now.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Linguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to behold

Methinks I need something alcoholic to get rid of this nagging cough I've got. I'm open to trying anything as cough syrup/camomile tea with honey just doesn't cut it for some reason
Old Nov 19th 2013, 9:54 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Self service I think tonight. Well the white wine has all gone and now the Baileys too. I could have a G&T but I think that might make me sick after all that Baileys.
I've changed the music as well. All that rap and hip hop and shite was doing my head in so we are back to 80s classics. Songs with words and not just electronic music.

I'm dancing right now.
Have another. Your head will feel just the same in the morning.

As for me, I am on the tea.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 9:59 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linguo1988
Methinks I need something alcoholic to get rid of this nagging cough I've got. I'm open to trying anything as cough syrup/camomile tea with honey just doesn't cut it for some reason
Of course it's not working ... you need alcohol with honey and lemon and as for camomile tea .. bleurgh. The Italians use that to cure conjunctivitis. Don't ask but it works. Don't know how but it does.

Originally Posted by BEVS
Have another. Your head will feel just the same in the morning.

As for me, I am on the tea.
I think you might be right. The kids went to bed hours ago but I still have one of their songs rumbling around my brain ....

I DON'T CARE! I LOVE IT !
Old Nov 19th 2013, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Linguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to beholdLinguo1988 is a splendid one to behold

The Italians use that to cure conjunctivitis. Don't ask but it works. Don't know how but it does.
How on earth...?
Old Nov 19th 2013, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by Linguo1988
How on earth...?
No idea. I did say "don't ask". When one of my kids first got a bad case of conjunctivitis, I went to the chemist to buy medicine. The chemist could have sold me medicine and it's not cheap here. Instead he said "Signora try this first - stew a camomile t-bag in hot water. Let it brew. Dip some clean cotton wool into the tea and wipe and clean and the eyes several times a day."

A couple of months later the same kid had his vaccines with the proper paediatrician and I mentioned this conjunctivitis and camomile and even she said "oh yes, well known, worked didn't it? Nobody yet has told me why it works apart from the fact that camomile is a mild antiseptic or astringent or cleanser or something .... but it did work and more than once because I did the same thing with my second child for scabby eyes. Why do English people think cucumber relaxes your eyes?
Old Nov 20th 2013, 1:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm dancing right now.
Thank goodness you've changed the music, it was driving me bananas. Can't dance though as I'm still very sore from surgery (femoral hernia).

On Nurofen, paracetamol & ended up taking morphine this morning, so shall stick with a cup of tea. Normal, not camomile!
Old Nov 20th 2013, 2:39 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I had a wine free evening .... it did not agree with me.

So this evening I rectified that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.