Weta

Old Mar 13th 2014, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice
Default Weta

Wow, not the most beautiful creature on the world and gave me a bit of a shock on our first meeting when in the garage this morning.

It sure put up a bit of a fight while we battled it out on the concrete floor, eventually; from the far end of a very long brush; I got it out into the daylight and hastily scrambled back to the safety of the garage and the a quick press of the automatic garage door.

Anyone had a pinch from one of these?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weta
Old Mar 13th 2014, 7:05 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weta

I've never seen one in the flesh but have a look at these threads

What's in your man trousers

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...highlight=Weta
Old Mar 13th 2014, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

I had one climb up my leg after I'd been working in the bush.
Gave me a bit of a fright but as I was on the deck over the bush I just brushed it off.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice

Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
I've never seen one in the flesh but have a look at these threads

What's in your man trousers

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...highlight=Weta
After reading these post I'm in a mild state of hysteria between laughing fits.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unbelievable but true. Just finished in the bathroom and about to clothe-up and I spotted a WETA above the bedroom door. Plucked up courage after securing my modesty and caught the thing in a jam-jar.

If you come round here for breakfast, ensure you spread your toast from the correct jar ;o)
Old Mar 14th 2014, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Funny, I thought about the trouser Weta incident earlier this week when one of the radio DJs mentioned that he had managed to drive all the way to work with one in the back pocket of his jeans.

Personally I don't think I would survive the shock of having one at such close range. Certainly there would be casualties if I found one whilst driving.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 11:33 pm
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't RobClubley find one on top of his loo roll once?
Old Mar 17th 2014, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

I think think is the link to the loo roll incident http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...highlight=Weta