Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Westlake Boys & Westlake Girls

Westlake Boys & Westlake Girls

Old Jun 2nd 2011, 11:19 pm

daisycutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Westlake Boys & Westlake Girls

Hi ,anyone out there got any first hand knowledge/experience of these schools ... cheers.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Divine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really niceDivine Comedy is just really nice
Default Re: Westlake Boys & Westlake Girls

Hi, my daughter is currently in Westlake Girls and I am totally happy with it. My daughter was abit dubious about the all girls thing but she loves it now. They also have a very close relationship with Westlake boys , so she can get her 'boy fix'
I own a barbershop and get alot of the boys in for haircuts, my impression of them are they are very polite, confident and proud to be Westlake.
Old Jun 5th 2011, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

wendels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Divine Comedy
Hi, my daughter is currently in Westlake Girls and I am totally happy with it. My daughter was abit dubious about the all girls thing but she loves it now. They also have a very close relationship with Westlake boys , so she can get her 'boy fix'
I own a barbershop and get alot of the boys in for haircuts, my impression of them are they are very polite, confident and proud to be Westlake.
My daughter went to Westlake girls this year and after 4 weeks we moved her as she found it very catty, a few other girls she knows have also changed. She's now very happily settled in a mixed school. It's horses for courses won't suit everyone but she knows a couple of girls who are quite happy there.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by wendels
My daughter went to Westlake girls this year and after 4 weeks we moved her as she found it very catty, a few other girls she knows have also changed. She's now very happily settled in a mixed school. It's horses for courses won't suit everyone but she knows a couple of girls who are quite happy there.

Hi Wendels ... can i ask where your daughter went,i guess it was still on the Shore ? many thanks.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:06 am
Just Joined

wendels is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes she now goes to Rangitoto college which she loves, a big school (biggest in NZ), but has lots to offer and she fitted in incredibly quickly
Old Jun 8th 2011, 2:19 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Pinehurst is another option on the Shore at Albany, mixed, go from 5-18yrs, and run the Cambridge curriculum....proper O-levels etc
Old Jun 9th 2011, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by simonsi
Pinehurst is another option on the Shore at Albany, mixed, go from 5-18yrs, and run the Cambridge curriculum....proper O-levels etc
Hi Simonsi,yes Pinehurst looks interesting ... do you have kids there ?
Old Jun 10th 2011, 6:18 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

We have girls in yr8, yr6 and new entrants so Primary and Junior College sections of the school. PM if you want to talk about it offline
Old Jun 10th 2011, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

kooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud of

Hi, I can't sing my praises for Westlake girls school high enough
I had a problem daughter who had run away from home after problems at school. In desperation we moved to the shore (to get her away from some bad influences), and got her into Westlakes. It was the best thing I could have done for her. Before she said she wanted to leave school before completing her level 1 but after getting used to the all girl thing, she knuckled down and got her level 3

She couldn't believe the difference between the mixed school ethos (with boys showing off for the girls and visa versa) and Westlakes. Her first week she came back amazed from a class where one of the students cried because she only got 80% in a test! At her old school if she got anything over just passed you rang the risk of a thumping!

I know mixed schools have their advantages (boys and girls learn to socialize better), but I believe (now) that boys and girls learn better apart, without outside hormone driven influences.