Reload this Page >

We're on our way to Christchurch

We're on our way to Christchurch

Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Benbobaggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We're on our way to Christchurch

Hi this is my first post.

My OH has just been offered a Nursing job in Christchurch, and we are coming out in June. We have been to Christchurch before in 2003 but had to return home due to family ( I was gutted). This time its permanent.

The reason for this post is that in the UK I have been self employed for 5 years fitting kitchens, bathrooms, tiling and general property maintenance. I would love to continue doing this in NZ. Anybody need any work done or know of any firms that may take me on.

Thanks
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:13 am
Just Joined

wellyaidan is just really nicewellyaidan is just really nicewellyaidan is just really nicewellyaidan is just really nicewellyaidan is just really nicewellyaidan is just really nicewellyaidan is just really nicewellyaidan is just really nice
Default Re: We're on our way to Christchurch

I can't help but just wanted to say- congratulations!!!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benbobaggins

My OH has just been offered a Nursing job in Christchurch, and we are coming out in June. We have been to Christchurch before in 2003 but had to return home due to family ( I was gutted). This time its permanent.

The reason for this post is that in the UK I have been self employed for 5 years fitting kitchens, bathrooms, tiling and general property maintenance. I would love to continue doing this in NZ. Anybody need any work done or know of any firms that may take me on.

Thanks
Hi there - good luck with the move - we are in christchurch as well.
not sure how much hiring is going on at the mo. new build work is quite quiet at the mo although renovations and refits seem to be doing OK.
we're having work done on our place at the mo so could have a chat with our builder see if he knows of anywhere, we also have a friend who is a tiler - we'll ask him but you may find it a bit difficult.
Cheers
Vicki
Old May 12th 2009, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Hi take the Nursing Job then after some time give the construction time to pick back up you could always look to doing the change later best wishes..
Lin
Old May 13th 2009, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
welcome to sunny chch, I will have an ask about in my work and see if there are any contacts got you, my OH came over here as a nurse too, a lot slower pace than she was used to............ chch general i assume
Old May 13th 2009, 2:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

The reason for this post is that in the UK I have been self employed for 5 years fitting kitchens, bathrooms, tiling and general property maintenance. I would love to continue doing this in NZ.

Thanks
Hi and welcome to the NZ forum.

It may be possible for you to continue some of this type of work. Perhaps familiarise yourself with the NZ building code to see what you would be able to work at or contact the master builders association to find out what is allowable and what would nned to be signed off by a craftsman tradesman.

You may or may not know that you cannot touch plumbing or electrical work as part of such a business . You will need licensed plumbers/gasfitters and sparkies for that. This applies to new fits, retro fits and general maintenance as far as I know.
Old May 13th 2009, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of

Hi, and welcome. Another CHCH forumite here.

Congrats on the job offer, although can't help wth the building / maintenance work I'm afraid. Shirl might be along later (or drop her a PM), as her hubby is in the building trade and might be able to offer you some advice,

All the best, but don't forget to bring your woolies as it will be cold in June (so they tell me as we've not done a Christchurch winter yet ourselves),

Lou