And we're off

Old Jul 14th 2007, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: And we're off

Originally Posted by annbee
still undecided about the dog, was it easy with Golden Arrow?
Very, Very, Very easy. There are loads of tests etc to do, but they just give you an all inclusive price. An itinerary for what needs to be done and when, instructions for the vet and jiffy bags with the sample pots all in and marked up postage paid, you just have to put them in the post. The vet charged us a little extra for taking the samples and we also had a small cost for microchipping.

We are flying the dog out two weeks after us to give us a chance to settle the children, but he could have been on the same flight. They are charging us £7 a day for kenneling, but they only have a small kennel so the animals get lots of fuss.

The price they give you includes everything from the paperwork, booking the flight, the flight, delivering the dog to the airport, vet work when they are at the kennel waiting to go etc etc.

All you have to do is drive them to Shropshire and collect from the airport the other end. (he will also be arriving at 5:30am yuk)

If you want ay more info PM me. Ours has been with us 13 years so we couldn't go without him, even though he's costing us £2k.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lardyl
a little tip - let the check in people at AirNZ know you are emigrating and they will probably cut you some slack - they did with us (on the number of checked items).
We rang them and they advised us 'officially' that its and extra £150 per bag, its not them apparently but the US that imposes the charge. which I don't get seeing as the bags will stay on the aeroplane as its being refuelled in LA?

I'm sure the person at the aiport will be more lenient. If I do my smile sweetly stressed out mother. I don't think we will have too many suitcases but by the time we add on the kids car seats, and the buggy.

Got the tip about the 7kg hand luggae as well thanks.... fingers crossed we get it all on the plane.

The very sweet people we are renting the house of are going to pick us up from the aiport (they have a VAN) they moved to nz 4 years ago and know exactly what were going through. Just sent them my grocery shopping list for the first few days just to see us through, how cool are they.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light

Kia ora and Welcome to New Zealand

We have been here for 10 months now and love every day. We are orignally from North Wales. Where about in Wales are you from? We live in Birkenhead, 10 mins from Auckland.

We have 2 children aged 9 and 5. My wife works at the local school.
If you need any help during your first few days, please do let us know. You are more than welcome to come around for a bite to eat to have a break from cooking for yourself.
My advice would be to get into your sleep pattern asap and try and stay up as long as you can on the first day.
Also like someone else suggested, get yourself setup on Skype as soon as you can.
Dont be afraid to ask for help, we have found that most kiwi's love to help people out and all of our friends, who are mainly kiwi are always helping us out with stuff.

I hope you had a good flight. Did you fly Air New Zealand?

Have fun and enjoy your new life.

Paul