Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

We're Here !!!! - Boopy

We're Here !!!! - Boopy

Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default We're Here !!!! - Boopy

Weve been in NZ 4 weeks now and things have really happened fast. Left UK on 26th June, for 1 wk in Long Beach then onto Wellington. Couldn't find a warm rental, so started looking to buy. Found a lovely house, the warmest and dryest we'd seen.
House bought just north of Porirua, with views to die for. It was alot more expensive than we had expected. We moved in on 21st July and container delivered on the same day, we used Crown - they were really great, brill service in Uk & NZ.
We've both started our new jobs for Cap & Coast DHB. Just need our son (19 yrs old to find work). He doesn't want to go back to college now, he wants to work as a labourer on the buildings, to learn new skills. If anyone out there has any contacts, I would appreciate it.
Just got broadband connected today - good to be back on the forum.
Boopy
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We're Here !!!! - Boopy

welcome, welcome, welcome, glad all is going well for you - those first few weeks do go very fast. Look forward to hearing about all your experiences.
Vicki
Old Jul 24th 2006, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Boopy
Weve been in NZ 4 weeks now and things have really happened fast. Left UK on 26th June, for 1 wk in Long Beach then onto Wellington. Couldn't find a warm rental, so started looking to buy. Found a lovely house, the warmest and dryest we'd seen.
House bought just north of Porirua, with views to die for. It was alot more expensive than we had expected. We moved in on 21st July and container delivered on the same day, we used Crown - they were really great, brill service in Uk & NZ.
We've both started our new jobs for Cap & Coast DHB. Just need our son (19 yrs old to find work). He doesn't want to go back to college now, he wants to work as a labourer on the buildings, to learn new skills. If anyone out there has any contacts, I would appreciate it.
Boopy
One of my sons is a builder/renovator - he has just completed a house in Paremata www.open2view.com ID#125420 - If you'd like to PM me, I'll put your son in touch.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to hear you are settling in well.

Good to see you back.... SarahB
Old Jul 25th 2006, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Yes, a warm welcome from sunny Auckland!

I think my frinds mum lives in the same town as you and she says it is lovely.

Congtrats on getting a nice warm house with views, post us a pic!
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

shazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant future

Boopy
Hi Boopy
Well done ,you have finally made it..its great that you both have jobs too.Im sure if your son has the right attitude it shouldnt take him long to find some work in the building trade..
Best wishes
Shazza
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:38 am
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Boopy

Hi Boopy,

Welcome to NZ Glad you have settled well and are enjoying your new house.

Good luck and all the best to you and your family,

Jen
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jude J
Yes, a warm welcome from sunny Auckland!
I think my frinds mum lives in the same town as you and she says it is lovely.
Congtrats on getting a nice warm house with views, post us a pic!

Hi Jude,

Pics of our house www.open2view.com ID#130582
I hope you like them.

Dee
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shazzafromnz
Hi Boopy
Well done ,you have finally made it..its great that you both have jobs too.Im sure if your son has the right attitude it shouldnt take him long to find some work in the building trade..
Best wishes
Shazza

Hi Shazza,

It's great to be connected again, I'll be able to e mail you and give you a good update.

Thanks to everyone for a nice welcome and good wishes.

Dee
Old Jul 25th 2006, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jude,

I hope you like them.

Dee
The house is beautiful and the views are great.... you lucky things!!
Old Jul 25th 2006, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

shazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant future

Hi Shazza,

It's great to be connected again, I'll be able to e mail you and give you a good update.

Thanks to everyone for a nice welcome and good wishes.

Dee
Hi Dee
Will look forward to hearing from you..the house looks lovely and what a nice spot
Shazza
Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jude,

I hope you like them.

Dee

WOW, stunning house and views! What a lovely looking town too.
You must feel on top of the world right now!!
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jude J
WOW, stunning house and views! What a lovely looking town too.
You must feel on top of the world right now!!
Just need a lottery win then I can stay at home and enjoy it all. Problem is, we haven't sussed it out yet.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

simonjb is a jewel in the roughsimonjb is a jewel in the roughsimonjb is a jewel in the roughsimonjb is a jewel in the rough

Boopy
I saw that house on open2view before and thought it looked great. Nice one.

Can you let me know what you think of the area around Porirua because the views from the houses look great but I have heard Porirua itself is a bit rundown.

Good luck with the job a the DHB. I too start a job in the health sector but at the end of August. Cant wait. Just 3 weeks untill we fly out.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by simonjb
I saw that house on open2view before and thought it looked great. Nice one.

Can you let me know what you think of the area around Porirua because the views from the houses look great but I have heard Porirua itself is a bit rundown.

Good luck with the job a the DHB. I too start a job in the health sector but at the end of August. Cant wait. Just 3 weeks untill we fly out.

Hi Simon,

We live in a place caled Papakowhai, which is just north of Porirua. I like Porirua, they have a good shopping centre. Apparently the area used to be very rough, just certain areas to avoid, East Porirua and some of Titahi Bay. Not much of it run down, it's all being built up.
Papakowhai and Paremata are beautiful. Kapiti Coast is really lovely, but quite a travel if you'll be working in the city. Where to you start your job?
Send a PM & I'll give you more info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.