We're Here

Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: We're Here

Originally Posted by dash1965
Well finally after nearly 11 months of stress and planning we arrived in Auckland 10 days ago.

We've even had 1 day without rain and last night a near hurricane and blackouts so feels like the seventies coal strikes but with wind.

So far, so good with wife getting a job within a week and I started almost straight away. House we are renting is way too big and we have had an offer on a house accepted in Gulf Harbour today so we plan to move in September. Backs onto a golf course and with a sea view for less than 500k (It is Auckland!)

Cats arrived safe and well although a bit bemused but have settles in fine. Can recommend Ladyhaye who kept us updated from taking them from us until getting on the plane.

Driving is no problem and to be honest I've no complaints although there are a lot of people who don't put their lights on at dawn and dusk

Best driving moment so far was a morning commute and a car advertising erotic lingerie (no idea why it caught my attention and the lady driving it was stopped at the lights and appeared to be eating a bowl of cereal at the wheel

As for Kiwis... very friendly and helpful and the banking system is really good and efficient (ASB)

Money transferred with HiFX quickly and efficiently.

So it's so far so good.

Bit of sunshine wouldn't go a miss and we could do with a few more candles just in case the electric goes aga
just a link from another post re ladyhaye:-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313975
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by julesnye
just a link from another post re ladyhaye:-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313975
I can understand the stress, but I'm sure there are horror stories for all these companies... Unfortunately we can't take out the human factor which invariably means mistakes are made but I'm sure overall all these companies try to be as good as they can be.

We were lucky not to have any dramas and all we can do is reflect our experience which was excellent.

Cheers

Dave
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:12 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dash1965
We've even had 1 day without rain and last night a near hurricane and blackouts so feels like the seventies coal strikes but with wind.
I remember that.That was a time, that was !

Welcome to New Zealand dash 1965. May all your days be happy ones.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute