Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

(Welly) long time lurker, first time poster

(Welly) long time lurker, first time poster

Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all
Default (Welly) long time lurker, first time poster

Hi All,
My wife and I moved to Wellington back in November but have only just registered!
Wendy works in Lower Hutt and I'm on Lambdon Quay.
Hope to meet up with some of you guys for a coffee at some point
Cheers for now
Steve
Old Jan 14th 2009, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: (Welly) long time lurker, first time poster

Hi long time lurker lol, welcome to the forum, how are you enjoying life in Welly then, we have been here 5 months now and we love it. Take it from the avatar you are a Surfer?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

Hi Kimi-Deacon,
Yes I am often found at Lyall Bay, the avatar photo was taken on Christmas day '08 by my wife while she had the bbq on the go

We are smitten with the Kiwi lifestyle, so much so that we have submitted our PR EOI as we currently have 5 year temp work visas.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Glad to hear you are enjoying life out here Mike is a Windsurfer but whenever there is wind blowing in the right direction, he is at work, so he has only been a couple of times since we have been here, he has sailed from Plimmerton and i think Evans bay as well. I don't windsurf so like your OH i just get to provide the food lol.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:34 am
NZ is calling.....

Smelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really nice

Hi both... sorry to butt in, but we two are both new to Welly.... touched down end of December.... we both want to get on the water but after starting jobs in our first week havent got round to looking for some good Kayaking sites...but looking to meet some new people as finding it hard to meet like-minded people but still loving every day.

Fi & Rich
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Fi and Rich and welcome to Welly, don't know much about kayaking always fancied giving it a go but never tried. Have been white water rafting since we have been here and loved that Whereabouts in Welly are you?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:20 am
NZ is calling.....

Smelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really nice

We are on the terrace, in the centre at the moment but are moving to Whitby in 5 weeks, so have already found a place to start doing Kayaking in that area..... what about you guys?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

You will have no problems meeting people once you get up to Whitby, that's the Headquarters for the Porrirua Possee. I am sure if you give Simonmarkellis a shout, he will give you lots of info on the area as that's where he and a few other Brits reside.

We are in Bellevue, at the top of the hill in Newlands and love it here, its so quiet up here but still close to Welly.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 8:01 am
NZ is calling.....

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon
You will have no problems meeting people once you get up to Whitby, that's the Headquarters for the Porrirua Possee. I am sure if you give Simonmarkellis a shout, he will give you lots of info on the area as that's where he and a few other Brits reside.

We are in Bellevue, at the top of the hill in Newlands and love it here, its so quiet up here but still close to Welly.
"Porirua Possee" sounds interesting.... Will be good to have our own place again soon.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Smelly Cat
"Porirua Possee" sounds interesting.... Will be good to have our own place again soon.
interesting is one way of putting it!!! one things for sure, there's never a dull moment when you get them all together
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Hi Smellycat, whereabout in Cornwall did you used to live? The OH and I are originally from Exeter. Thats why we chose Wellington as the city is about the same size
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 4:13 am
NZ is calling.....

Originally Posted by cleverchap
Hi Smellycat, whereabout in Cornwall did you used to live? The OH and I are originally from Exeter. Thats why we chose Wellington as the city is about the same size
Well thats where it can get a little complicated, neither of us are originally from Cornwall, I'm from Birmingham and lived in Cornwall for 8 years, and Rich is from Doncaster and lived in Cornwall for 10 years..... and as for where in Cornwall.... Perranporth, Truro, Newquay, Bodmin and St Austell both of us liked to move around!!!

Same reasons to picking NZ we loved the county but wanted the opportunities that a City would offer but with similar surroundings!!!

We both worked for the NHS so the capital has given us the chance to still work in government too....

How about you guys, what do you do, where are you living now?

Fi
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

We're living in Wadestown for the time being, but lookin at something larger and flatter
My wife is an accountant so same job as in the UK, and I work for the NZ Government, where as I used to work for the UK Government.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

kiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nice

Hi
Welcome the newbie’s
We both also work in Wellington at the Lambton Quays so always around for coffee
Living at the Kapiti Coast other half just been here 10 months and the rest of us 8 months settling in nicely
Hopefully we will all see you soon at one of the many events

D
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kiwichicks
Hopefully we will all see you soon at one of the many events

D
What events?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.