British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Welly Get Together (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/welly-get-together-394489/)

danny.f Sep 4th 2006 10:06 am

Re: Welly Get Together

Originally Posted by Sophie_Wellington
Hi Everyone,

I have put everything about our new life into place, except there's one thing you can't plan for, ands that's losing your social circle and support network in one go :beer:

We would like to get to know a few peeps after we've settled in a bit, so if anyone's up for a few drinkies / dog walks etc, give us a shout!

I know a few peeps on here who I've chatted to a bit are from Welly so if you'd like to get together once we've arrived, please PM me with your email address / moby and we'll give you a shout once we've settled in :)

Once I've got a show of hands I'll put it in the diary on here if everyone can make it on the same day...

Not sure we'll have net access for the first month but hey, I've heard Starbucks has wi-fi enabled access so we should be able to logon from the laptop? :D

Hey Soph,can you wait for us? We havent got a dog,but I'll put my youngest on a lead if it helps us fit in! :D

cottageinthesky Sep 4th 2006 10:08 am

Originally Posted by leedge
Quite...probably a good time to buy shares in a vacuum cleaner manufacturer....Beardies & sand....not a good combination :(

Very like my german shedder, sorry, shepherd - 2 days without vacuuming and I have tumbleweed dog hair in the hall!

Sophie_Wellington Oct 16th 2006 6:37 am

Hi all,

It's hard to believe it's nearly a month and a half since we last had proper net access & I messaged u lovely folk, but here we are finally in Wellington and we love it (!)

I thought I would bring this post up again, with a view to getting people together - I think a few of u have landed now if I'm correct in my calculations?!

Re the Big Move, we had a bit of a bumpy ride (a long story which I'll tell another time) but we got there and we have our own rental for now! We've not yet found jobs but are still SMILING WIDELY it has to be said :D (mind you we've already been on holiday for a week to the south island which is LOVELY btw). Corrrr nearly crashing the car with all these BEAUTIFUL VIEWS everywhere I look!

Anyway I digress, whoever is in Wellington and wishes for a British Expat pishup / dog walkie / social gathering please could u drop me a private message with your mobile and your available days and evenings in the coming 2-3 weeks? Whoever has not yet arrived please let me know when you do and I'll organise another one ;-)

Speak soon, excuse the tardy collection of my messages I am (believe it or not) currently sat in our car outside a closed cafeteria which has a Telecom hotspot, so you can see why I'm going to make this a quickie. Promise to drop in soon :beer: .

Dawn :)