British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Welly - General Practioner (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/welly-general-practioner-686813/)

Boopy Sep 24th 2010 10:16 pm

Welly - General Practioner

A warm welcome to all you newbies, it was nice to meet some of you last night. I hope you all enjoyed your night.:drinkwine:

cleverchap Sep 25th 2010 5:52 am

Re: Welly - General Practioner

It was a good night.........from what I can remember:lol:

JohnThePom Sep 25th 2010 6:38 am

Very enjoyable. It's interesting when you become aware of a person's real-life persona and compare it to their on line persona. I had a great time and was happy to meet up with everyone. Hope we repeat this sometime. If no one else organises anything, I might do it myself in a month or so. :thumbup:

charlcote Sep 25th 2010 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by WhingingPom (Post 8874354)
Very enjoyable. It's interesting when you become aware of a person's real-life persona and compare it to their on line persona. I had a great time and was happy to meet up with everyone. Hope we repeat this sometime. If no one else organises anything, I might do it myself in a month or so. :thumbup:

I was sorry to miss this, being back in Blighty at present.
Hope to catch it next time!

MarkandAshlieBuck Sep 25th 2010 10:19 pm

It was great to meet up with you all, Hopefully we can do it again soon.

shelloid Sep 26th 2010 12:15 am

yep, we had great time too and would love to meet up again soon!

Did have a rather sore head yesterday though....not sure why!

chrisjb Sep 26th 2010 12:17 am

Originally Posted by WhingingPom (Post 8874354)

Yep, it was really good to have a few drinks and meet everyone.

I agree would be good to have a meet up every month or so in different drinking establishments around Welly.

mumbee2 Sep 26th 2010 2:40 am

Originally Posted by chrisjb (Post 8875735)
Yep, it was really good to have a few drinks and meet everyone.

I agree would be good to have a meet up every month or so in different drinking establishments around Welly.

thanks to all had an interesting evening. looking forward to the next one.

Boopy Sep 26th 2010 7:40 pm

How about somewhere much closer to parking. The waterfront beside the TSB Arena? Which is also close to the railway station :)

JohnThePom Sep 28th 2010 2:22 am

Originally Posted by Boopy (Post 8877325)
How about somewhere much closer to parking. The waterfront beside the TSB Arena? Which is also close to the railway station :)

Sounds good to me

simonmarkellis Sep 28th 2010 5:45 am

I'll try and make the next one... hopefully i won't be working...

Dewb09 Sep 28th 2010 11:42 pm

:o bugger I forgot :(

Been busy moving in new rental & container arrived Friday. Will def be up for the next one :thumbsup:

Dewb

mumbee2 Sep 29th 2010 1:56 am

hi Dew09

Okay all's forgiven
:D

Where are you now living and was it just like Christmas opening all those boxes? nice to have all your stuff with you i guess

Cannot wait for our stuff to arrive and for us to be settled into our home it has been a long road to get here and ariving is definately the best bit right now!

chrisjb Sep 29th 2010 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Boopy (Post 8877325)

Waterfront is nice, if a little windy ;-). Sounds like a plan

Dewb09 Oct 1st 2010 10:49 am

Originally Posted by mumbee2 (Post 8883095)
hi Dew09

Okay all's forgiven
:D

Where are you now living and was it just like Christmas opening all those boxes? nice to have all your stuff with you i guess

Cannot wait for our stuff to arrive and for us to be settled into our home it has been a long road to get here and ariving is definately the best bit right now!

Yeah its great once you finally make it over, if not a bit surreal.
Good luck with settling in
We are on Kapiti Coast :thumbsup: about 50 mins north of Welly.

Was really great to get stuff but novelty wore off very quickly and now I am sick of the site of boxes :thumbdown:

Dewb