Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wellington's own barmy army! Lads day out.

Wellington's own barmy army! Lads day out.

Old Mar 7th 2008, 4:19 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wellington's own barmy army! Lads day out.

Originally Posted by donnaf
Wasn't this something we were going to "discuss" - anyway Katie might not want you tunring up to her party pi$$ed again, 1 drunken Fearon is usually enough at any 1 party!
hey i intend to get properly smashed (might be my last opportunity for a while with any luck!) so i wont notice a few extra p'd farts
Old Mar 7th 2008, 9:05 pm
Dreamfish's workhorse

dribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to all

Glad I aint driving! I am going to be more stewed than a newt in treackle

This is the strange bit, how come Kiwi's cant manage to do the cricket and then the party. Perhaps my colleagues are trying to tell me something?

Oh well more beer/food for me.

Danny, you need us to keep a doggy bag warm for your late arrival then?
Old Mar 8th 2008, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Mr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by danny.f
Right. Who's up for it? One of the reasons to move 12,000 miles for me was to be able to spend 1 Saturday every 8 years watching England play abroad.
I am not missing it. 1 week tomorrow,2000 tickets left (I rang yesterday!)
$20 for adults,and $10 for kids under 18.

Couple that with our unrivalled ability to sing down anything that tries-and we've got a Saturday made in heaven!

Then it's back for Katie's party!!
Yep, I'm in. My first ever cricket test match - a little birthday present to myself (birthday on 12th). Don't know if I should wear the same shirt though.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:02 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr.B
Yep, I'm in. My first ever cricket test match - a little birthday present to myself (birthday on 12th). Don't know if I should wear the same shirt though.
Has it been washed since?
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

Mr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Maz
Has it been washed since?
I don't understand the question.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:57 am
Just Joined

ellenp is an unknown quantity at this point

Howdy,

I’m not strictly a ‘lad’, but was wondering if alright if I pop over on Sat to say hi to you folks?! Been over here for a couple of months with family and really wished I’d discovered the meet up section of this site beforehand – you all look a friendly bunch!

Have to mention though I seem to be really bad luck when it comes to cricket – think that one dayer the other month was up there with the most boring ever seen – even the Kiwis next to me were feeling sorry for me! Hopefully the sun will be shining so at the very least can get a tan whilst enjoying a few beers…

Ellen
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:00 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ellenp
Howdy,

I’m not strictly a ‘lad’, but was wondering if alright if I pop over on Sat to say hi to you folks?! Been over here for a couple of months with family and really wished I’d discovered the meet up section of this site beforehand – you all look a friendly bunch!

Have to mention though I seem to be really bad luck when it comes to cricket – think that one dayer the other month was up there with the most boring ever seen – even the Kiwis next to me were feeling sorry for me! Hopefully the sun will be shining so at the very least can get a tan whilst enjoying a few beers…

Ellen
Hey Ellen - pop over Papakowhai afterwards for some drinky pops. Its my house warming. Some of the guys are coming here after cricket so you are very very welcome. Many more expats and kiwis will be here too! Hope to see you then (pm me for address!) Kate.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Are we getting tickets in advance, paying on the gate, jumping over the fence, tunnelling under the reserve or parachuting onto the wicket?

Last edited by simonmarkellis; Mar 10th 2008 at 9:20 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Are we getting tickets in advance, paying on the gate, jumping over the fence, tunnelling under the reserve or parachuting onto the wicket?
Why don't we draw straws - between us we can probably cover all those options? Maybe one of us could do what that bloke did when he impersonated Eric Cantona and lined up with Man U for the pre-match photos. Does anybody here look like one of the team?
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Good point. I'm buying mine,son's and Si's tickets today.Is anyone else defo going? Phone Ticketek and get your tickets,then we can organise meeting on Saturday.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Right,Simon me Dirk,Kieran and Dan all got tickets. Anyone want to meet outside?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:37 pm
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Right,Simon me Dirk,Kieran and Dan all got tickets. Anyone want to meet outside?
Can't wait....... c'mon the black caps
Old Mar 12th 2008, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

tommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the roughtommytucker1975 is a jewel in the rough

Booked my ticket for Saturday but going to view house at 11:00, Danny.f can I PM you later to get mobile number for meeting inside the ground. Should be there for 12 ish.
Cheers.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Everywhere we go

Lead: Everywhere we go
Crowd: Everywhere we go
The people want to know
The people want to know
Who we are
Who we are
Where we come from
Where we come from
Shall we tell them
Shall we tell them
Who we are
Who we are
Where we come from
Where we come from
We are the Army
We are the Army
The Barmy Barmy Army
The Barmy Barmy Army
We are the England
We are the England
The Mighty Mighty England
The Mighty Mighty England
Michael Vaughan’s Barmy Army
Etc

Warm up those vocal chords!!!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:40 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Warm up those vocal chords!!!
You think Danny needs encouraging or something?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.