Wellington Zoo

Old Aug 29th 2011, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wellington Zoo

A very cool place. Full of cool staff and cool animals. Best zoo experience I have ever had. Very interactive. Parked for free outside on a Sunday!! Try doing that in London. Wellington is so nice, drivers stop at zebra crossings for you. Unlike in Palmy where they never stop especially on the school run, what selfish bastards they are.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 6:16 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wellington Zoo

Originally Posted by Genesis
A very cool place. Full of cool staff and cool animals. Best zoo experience I have ever had. Very interactive. Parked for free outside on a Sunday!! Try doing that in London. Wellington is so nice, drivers stop at zebra crossings for you. Unlike in Palmy where they never stop especially on the school run, what selfish bastards they are.
I love Wellington! We was there last Monday for the day and evening, not been to the Zoo yet, I need to go next time
Old Aug 29th 2011, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
A very cool place. Full of cool staff and cool animals. Best zoo experience I have ever had.
Better than England you reckon?
Old Aug 29th 2011, 9:17 am
Old Jerk

kaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nice

Originally Posted by love30stm
I love Wellington! We was there last Monday for the day and evening, not been to the Zoo yet, I need to go next time
I,m so tempted.....
Old Aug 29th 2011, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

I went there on a rainy day this June and it was great. It was half price entry if you travelled by public transport so we went with our suitcases that they cheerfully accommodated in their stock room.
I like that it was small and therefore not a huge mission.
Saying that I'm a huge Auckland Zoo fan too and that really is a mission sometimes in the sun!
Old Aug 29th 2011, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

All I have to say it is not for the disabled. My husband and myself (both in our 70's) found it was very hard work. We did not think about it being it being so steep. There was a wheelchair you could borrow but no way could any of us pushed it up the slopes. Consequently we were unable to see everything. I had look on their website and it did show there were some steep paths but there was nothing on the level from walking in with the wheelchair so we had to take it back.

Sorry buts that my opinion.

June
Old Aug 29th 2011, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
All I have to say it is not for the disabled. My husband and myself (both in our 70's) found it was very hard work. We did not think about it being it being so steep. There was a wheelchair you could borrow but no way could any of us pushed it up the slopes. Consequently we were unable to see everything. I had look on their website and it did show there were some steep paths but there was nothing on the level from walking in with the wheelchair so we had to take it back.

Sorry buts that my opinion.

June
I agree..its like doing a small Mt Everest!!!!! But then that makes it more interesting alas making it harder for those who are infirm.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by kaihoe
I,m so tempted.....
Ha let's see your face? I'm a attractive woman and I know it no comment for you I bet
Old Aug 29th 2011, 7:06 pm

I,m so tempted.....
Oh dear I have a stalker again
Old Aug 29th 2011, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

I've been there twice. (5 years ago..)

First time -- In May -- on a nice sunny day,, with my English man, we caught bus to Newtown..
hhmmm.... The zoo itself was not particularly spectacular,,, at that time I mean...
It's just an ordinary zoo, but personally, I think it has a plus score because there is a part where the visitors can see fierce animal up-close. The best part was... we had nice hot chips it was so yum yum,,, ...Overall decent food and drinks. Lovely, happy memories. It was a great experience.

Second time -- In December -- While working for the Ministry of Research Sc & Tech, office Christmas Party - That was held at the Zoo!! I was almost shocked one of my English colleagues told me that..Why Oh why it has to be,,, Zoo...?? -- Love them or hate them, Corporate Christmas parties!!!

am planning to visit the ZOo again,,, bring back old memories.

Last edited by crap coffee; Aug 30th 2011 at 12:05 am.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 10:35 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I,m so tempted.....
Really? Again? Please ...

Back on topic. I've not had the pleasure of a visit to Wellington zoo, but thanks for the heads up Genesis, sounds good. I too love visiting Welly, so will add it to the to do list for next time.

I did go to Auckland Zoo last school holidays for the first time and was very impressed with it. And thought it was very good value. $36, 1 adult and 2 kids.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 12:43 am
Old Jerk

kaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nice

Ha let's see your face? I'm a attractive woman and I know it no comment for you I bet
I can,t send you my pic,the Admin is getting restless,but I do like the way you blow your own trumpet.
Have to go now the resthome occupants say I,m hogging the bandwidth
IMO Auckland Zoo Suxs.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Really? Again? Please ...

Back on topic. I've not had the pleasure of a visit to Wellington zoo, but thanks for the heads up Genesis, sounds good. I too love visiting Welly, so will add it to the to do list for next time.

I did go to Auckland Zoo last school holidays for the first time and was very impressed with it. And thought it was very good value. $36, 1 adult and 2 kids.
W Zoo $59 for a family of 5. Free parking outside. Best to get there early..the droves appeared at lunch time. Was empty before..on a sunny Sunday!
Old Aug 30th 2011, 2:08 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear I have a stalker again
Is the position currently vacant and can anyone apply?
Here's a face shot

Do you get some kinda BE monicker??????

"Forum Lothario" "Cereal Killa" or summat??

Don't fancy Homeowner any more ...... but......I'll have a shave and even change me name if you want......
Attached Thumbnails Wellington Zoo-name.jpg  
Old Aug 30th 2011, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

The Kids holiday program is one of the best also the kids yearly membership. Having ssaid that DS is staying overnight with the scouts in Auckland zoo this weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.