Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wellington...where, when and why!

Wellington...where, when and why!

Old Aug 26th 2006, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wellington...where, when and why!

Originally Posted by karonious
Also on my 'to do' list - isn't something people have mentioned much, isit?

Which? Child care and the like?
Old Aug 26th 2006, 5:00 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Which? Child care and the like?
Yes - childcare. It's not something we've looked at yet. I will start work hopefully on the 9th October and once we are organised and have the girl going to school, somewhere to live, a car etc, Steve will probably get a job then. Maybe he wants to be a kept man....
Old Aug 26th 2006, 7:37 am
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by karonious
Yes - childcare. It's not something we've looked at yet. I will start work hopefully on the 9th October and once we are organised and have the girl going to school, somewhere to live, a car etc, Steve will probably get a job then. Maybe he wants to be a kept man....
cant blame him
Old Aug 26th 2006, 9:29 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Forget the bloody soccer and the 'canes - come on Crusaders (when the Super 14 start again) in the meantime - come on Canterbury!! Otago next week - I may even be there for the last few games - rugby heaven...

You know supporting the crusaders is like supporting man united dont you?
Old Aug 26th 2006, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You know supporting the crusaders is like supporting man united dont you?
Don't care
Old Aug 26th 2006, 10:04 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Don't care

Fair enough
Old Aug 26th 2006, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough
Matt, sorry for my frivolous response earlier (and for side-tracking the thread) but I had to get out and cut the grass!

From next month I'll be living in Canterbury hence my support for the Crusaders - but you weren't to know this. Anyway even though I live in Scotland (only for 5 more weeks!) I'm still a Wasps man - should really be Sarries as I was born in Barnet.

I take your point about Man U. When they went to Singapore to play the Singapore national side there were more people in the stadium supporting them than the home side - daft or what?

Bob.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 11:21 am
Straw Man.

Matt, sorry for my frivolous response earlier (and for side-tracking the thread) but I had to get out and cut the grass!

From next month I'll be living in Canterbury hence my support for the Crusaders - but you weren't to know this. Anyway even though I live in Scotland (only for 5 more weeks!) I'm still a Wasps man - should really be Sarries as I was born in Barnet.

I take your point about Man U. When they went to Singapore to play the Singapore national side there were more people in the stadium supporting them than the home side - daft or what?

Bob.
Dont get me wrong they are an amazing side and to win what must easily be the hardest provincial comp in the world as many times as they have is impressive but they are such a huge marketing force now that its hard not to see them as the equivalent as MU. They had a good run for their money last final in really bad conditions, if it had been blowing a bloody gale the hurricanes would have won! Were out in march for a reccie, also going to oz, but will be up north around Hawkes Bay.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dont get me wrong they are an amazing side and to win what must easily be the hardest provincial comp in the world as many times as they have is impressive but they are such a huge marketing force now that its hard not to see them as the equivalent as MU. They had a good run for their money last final in really bad conditions, if it had been blowing a bloody gale the hurricanes would have won! Were out in march for a reccie, also going to oz, but will be up north around Hawkes Bay.
Nice one, we went there on our recce - stayed in Napier, it was OK but really preferred the SI.

The good thing about the rugby was it cost $54 (less than £20) for a family of four to see the Crusaders v Waratahs, I can't get tickets for Arsenal - but if I did it would be double that each!