Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wellington...where, when and why!

Wellington...where, when and why!

Old Aug 24th 2006, 2:25 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wellington...where, when and why!

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
"Go the 'Canes" is the Wellington version Can't wait for the start of Super 14 - Wellington is having a very up-and-down time in the Air NZ Cup!! Do you get to see the Cup games on Sky in the UK?

My best friend lives in Hawkes Bay area now and sends me recordings after every game, i get to see each game a while after but still worth the wait!!! Was gonna writ Go the Canes but thought it sounded a bit obscure!!! So little coverage in the UK!!! and please dont mention our recent game with North Harbour, it still stings a bit!!!!

Last edited by rugbymatt; Aug 24th 2006 at 2:44 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 2:41 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spats
Am more of a Waratahs man myself after my time in Sydney, but certainly up to opening my mind!!

Yeah they didnt have a good time of things lately but are fun to watch i just think that any team with the likes of Ma'a Nanu, Hosea Gear and the great Tanu Umaga are a pleasure to watch! Mind you guys came a fairly close 3rd in the super 14
Old Aug 25th 2006, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Spats is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yeah they didnt have a good time of things lately but are fun to watch i just think that any team with the likes of Ma'a Nanu, Hosea Gear and the great Tanu Umaga are a pleasure to watch! Mind you guys came a fairly close 3rd in the super 14
As I say, Im open to persuasion, will find it hard enough having to view the uk soccer in the wee small hours!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 7:19 pm
Straw Man.

As I say, Im open to persuasion, will find it hard enough having to view the uk soccer in the wee small hours!

Although i would normally say that you should support your team whatever it probably wouldn't be that good an idea to wear anything with the Tahs on, they are maniacally passionate about rugby out there! Most of my Kiwi mates are really keen on their footie! They tend to support Man U but they love watching it!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Forget the bloody soccer and the 'canes - come on Crusaders (when the Super 14 start again) in the meantime - come on Canterbury!! Otago next week - I may even be there for the last few games - rugby heaven...
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Forget the bloody soccer and the 'canes - come on Crusaders (when the Super 14 start again) in the meantime - come on Canterbury!! Otago next week - I may even be there for the last few games - rugby heaven...
Hi guys,
sorry to interupt the sports talk but Poppets very kindly sent us a property sheet (thanks Poppets). Does anyone know where Churton Park is in relation to the city and approximate travelling times? Also what kind of area is it? Same question Raumati Beach?
Thanks,
Donna
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:30 pm
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by danny.f
Hi guys,
sorry to interupt the sports talk but Poppets very kindly sent us a property sheet (thanks Poppets). Does anyone know where Churton Park is in relation to the city and approximate travelling times? Also what kind of area is it? Same question Raumati Beach?
Thanks,
Donna
Sorry to be vague Donna, but have a search in here

http://www.multimap.co.nz
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Hi guys,
Thanks,
Donna
Hi Donna
Churton Park is the next town up from Jonsonville, its about 15 min drive to the city and about 1/2 hour to the hospital. Good area, huse prices certainly seem to be shooting up there! Ruamati is on the Kapatiti coast, absolutely beautiful, with a fantastic beach close by, but it's much further from the city, would be nearly an hours drive. We're moving that way and reckon its worth it!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,
Thanks,
Donna

Hi Donna-where's my underpants?
Old Aug 25th 2006, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Am more of a Waratahs man myself after my time in Sydney, but certainly up to opening my mind!!
When you get to Wellington, it would probably be politic to keep that allegiance to yourself.....
Old Aug 25th 2006, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Hi guys,
Thanks,
Donna
If you're going to working at Wellington hospital and have school-age children, most would avoid moving to areas where you would have to use the motorway into Wellington - Raumati is probably way too far out - most of Churton Park is a new sub-division - every time I drive past it seems to have grown another street - some might think of it as a bit soul-less but prices are often more affordable than nearer the city - road access to Wellington is either via the motorway or, there is the option of nipping through Johnsonville, Khandallah and then down Ngaio Gorge or through Wadestown or Aro Valley to drop into the city, thereby avoiding rush-hour (still can't believe I now think of it as rush-hour, believe me, a different beast to the UK!) and bottlenecks such as Ngauranga Gorge, Aotea Quy and The Terrace Tunnel.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

If you're going to working at Wellington hospital and have school-age children, most would avoid moving to areas where you would have to use the motorway into Wellington - Raumati is probably way too far out - most of Churton Park is a new sub-division - every time I drive past it seems to have grown another street - some might think of it as a bit soul-less but prices are often more affordable than nearer the city - road access to Wellington is either via the motorway or, there is the option of nipping through Johnsonville, Khandallah and then down Ngaio Gorge or through Wadestown or Aro Valley to drop into the city, thereby avoiding rush-hour (still can't believe I now think of it as rush-hour, believe me, a different beast to the UK!) and bottlenecks such as Ngauranga Gorge, Aotea Quy and The Terrace Tunnel.

So,in effect,we're saying that traffic disruption is minimal? Our shift times don't really coincide with 'rush hour' hopefully,but,yet again,N,cheers for the info. Child minders/nannies-they expensive or commonplace?
Old Aug 26th 2006, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

So,in effect,we're saying that traffic disruption is minimal? Our shift times don't really coincide with 'rush hour' hopefully,but,yet again,N,cheers for the info. Child minders/nannies-they expensive or commonplace?
I've got adult children, so don't know about cost of child-care but do know it is commonplace - does the hospital have some sort of "officer" who helps with staff relocating?
Old Aug 26th 2006, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

I've got adult children, so don't know about cost of child-care but do know it is commonplace - does the hospital have some sort of "officer" who helps with staff relocating?
Not that I'm aware of-but could defo look into that one-but it wasnt mentioned at interview.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 2:55 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Not that I'm aware of-but could defo look into that one-but it wasnt mentioned at interview.
Also on my 'to do' list - isn't something people have mentioned much, isit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.