Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wellington - where to live

Wellington - where to live

Old Oct 14th 2015, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wellington - where to live

This is really useful reading:

My Wellington Place
Old Oct 16th 2015, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wellington - where to live

Did anybody read it? Did you find it useful?

I hope the author adds info about other suburbs in the greater Wellington area.
Old Oct 17th 2015, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

pleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nice

Thanks for this link ,it's really useful - love it!
Old Oct 17th 2015, 7:36 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

shame it doesn't go further out and I can't say how accurate it is as don't personally know any of the areas.

do you know if there is other site for other areas?
Old Oct 17th 2015, 8:19 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

The link was all very well but the descriptions got a bit, 'samey' after reading a few of them.

Houses-facilities-demographics etc etc. Although it seemed to give a fair description of each area. I mean, the way it was described so as not to be either favouring or criticising an area of central Wellington.
Old Oct 18th 2015, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MrsFychan View Post
shame it doesn't go further out and I can't say how accurate it is as don't personally know any of the areas.

I believe the author is a Wellingtonian but not sure if they have/planning to create similar sites for other areas.
Old Oct 18th 2015, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

pleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nice

Originally Posted by MrsFychan View Post

It's got things wrong. For example it says that the Tirikaka settlement railway cottages are in Khandallah, but they're not they are in Ngaio.
Old Oct 25th 2015, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Tims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud of

Hi. I am the author and thank you for the comments and for checking the site out. Just to quickly answer a few queries listed above. At the moment it is only Wellington City suburbs covered, not Porirua City, Hutt City or Kapiti Coast. I would love to do the others as well but it may have to wait as it's taken me 6 months to get this far! I try not to favour or criticise any areas, just offer an honest opinion. Others may prefer a suburb I don't personally like, and visa versa. Thanks to pleccy2000 for pointing out the mistake with the Tarikaka Settlement houses. I talk about the settlement in both Khandallah and Ngaio, but strictly speaking they are in Ngaio. It's a work in progress, so we will fine tune things as we go along, and adding in suggestions, so please feel free to let me know if you think we can improve it.
Old Oct 25th 2015, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tims,
It was only a minor squibble! Overall I love it it's really useful. Thanks for putting this together, in your own time at no profit
Old Nov 1st 2015, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Tims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud ofTims Wellington has much to be proud of

Hi pleccy2000. Thanks and I'm really glad that the information is useful. The ultimate aim has always been to have the work published in print format. I'm still working on this, to find a publisher who will commit. But in the meantime I've decided to keep about two-thirds of the information free, on every Wellington suburb. The other third, containing the property information, is now in available in e-book format. I have a photographer friend taking about 300 photos for me, so those will go up on the web site over the next few months too. These will give the whole site a bit more colour and help give you a better feel for each area, the housing styles, amenities, etc.