Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wellington weather is shit!

Wellington weather is shit!

Old Dec 30th 2006, 11:33 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wellington weather is shit!

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Good quote that Norah Would send you Karma for that but I don't know how to send it
Ha ha - I only found out today that you can read what people say to you when they send it There's a 'Karma' button at the bottom of the posts. Not that you have to send it to me - just in case you might want to do it again Happy New Year Ian! Good luck in Oz.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
Happy New Year Ian! Good luck in Oz.
Thanks Luv, all the best to you and yours for 07
Old Dec 30th 2006, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default GCH What's that??

Originally Posted by Kippers
With NorthSea gas running out, it wont be long before people in the UK can't afford Mr Putins' gas prices and return to the pre central-heating days.

Kip
Hee hee hee don't need that on the GC unless it is for a BBQ!

Sending you some warming Karma.............

Sorry....................

(Not really)
Old Dec 30th 2006, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GCH What's that??

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Old Dec 31st 2006, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dirk1971
The thing that gets me more than the cold and wet is the wind. I ****ing hate it.
Same here, thats why Id never move down to Welly. I ride horses and they can be silly in the wind... dont fancy being thrown from ones mount too often!! Windy weather also gives me rotten headaches if Im out in it too long.

We get windy days up here but more often its the sea breezes.... and thats quite pleasant.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 1:50 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

This is our third "summer" here and I hope you don't mind me saying that I'm totally peed off with it!

I got the BBQ gas bottle filled up a few weeks back and have only used it once since then, it's more likely to rust than it is to become empty!

Gold Coast? heaven

Last edited by Nerine; Dec 31st 2006 at 1:51 am. Reason: spelling :(
Old Dec 31st 2006, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

We have only managed to eat outside once so far this "summer". We still bbq every week, most days actually... as the bbq is under cover to the side of the house, but we have to eat up in the dining area.

Its just so different to last year.... not the same weather patterns at all.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nice Guy

Sending you some warming Karma.............

Sorry....................

(Not really)
Hmmm........apart from running out of water, I hear that you are running out of energy and will be forced to build expensive nuclear power stations just to keep the air conditioning on!!

(or not )

Kip
Old Dec 31st 2006, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Hmmm........apart from running out of water, I hear that you are running out of energy and will be forced to build expensive nuclear power stations just to keep the air conditioning on!!
Just cos they flog most of the stuff to China, all they do with it is hide in the sea just off the mainland

They will have most of the coal soon and over 50% will be hidden in the sea.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Kerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really nice

Dirk mate, did you not do your homework on Wellington before you got here, its windy and wet but mainly in the winter, this is a bad summer but hopefully things may lighten up over new year.

If you want to move try looking up north where it will be warmer

Good to see another Dirk on the forum though

Cheers
Old Dec 31st 2006, 7:33 am
Just Joined

wolky is on a distinguished road

Hi
Well we have been in Welly since Feb & I have to agree it is naff weather, we haven't had a BBQ yet it's so unpredictable! We moved from Nelson with my hubbys job.... Nelson WOW weather wonderful sunny crisp winter days , warm hot & long summer days spent at the beach & in the pool. Hence we move back next wk & cannot wait.. the weather in welly has really got to us in the end. You don't need to go to OZ just top of the South Island best weather in NZ!

Happy New Year
Old Dec 31st 2006, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wolky
You don't need to go to OZ just top of the South Island best weather in NZ!

I would love to go to Nelson to live, job wise I'd be knackered hence going to Oz, better weather better job.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 8:35 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

I see from the latest published statistics that 19,000 Kiwi's moved permanently to Oz in the last year but 14,000 Australians moved permanently to NZ.
So it can't be all wonderful over there.
It isn't
Old Dec 31st 2006, 8:38 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dirk1971
The only people I know who defend NZ against OZ are kiwi's. Most other nationalities have a more balanced view on things.
Try reading the Moving back To UK forum sometime... a hell of a lot of expat Brits reckon OZ sux too, NOT just Kiwis
Old Dec 31st 2006, 9:32 pm
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Try reading the Moving back To UK forum sometime... a hell of a lot of expat Brits reckon OZ sux too, NOT just Kiwis
I have. Plenty of people can't wait to leave NZ!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.