Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wellington weather is shit!

Wellington weather is shit!

Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wellington weather is shit!

Originally Posted by dreamfish
as my mom would say, its swings and roundabouts.

(she is a brummie)
6 and two 3's

But I'd rather be hot than cold, we'll see anyway
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:50 pm
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
6 and two 3's

But I'd rather be hot than cold, we'll see anyway
The thing that gets me more than the cold and wet is the wind. I ****ing hate it.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:51 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kippers
I see from the latest published statistics that 19,000 Kiwi's moved permanently to Oz in the last year but 14,000 Australians moved permanently to NZ.
So it can't be all wonderful over there.

I would imagine that being too hot would be as bad as being too cold, and from watching the Melbourne weather on the news, it can be 43c one day and 15c the next

Kip. (not mentioning the water )
Grass is always greener etc. My brother in law is an accountant and earns a good salary here and he travels to Oz frequently on business. He looked into moving over there permanently and worked out that he's better off here financially. The weather wouldn't come into the equation for him - only the money
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:52 pm
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Batty
Grass is always greener etc. My brother in law is an accountant and earns a good salary here and he travels to Oz frequently on business. He looked into moving over there permanently and worked out that he's better off here financially. The weather wouldn't come into the equation for him - only the money
The only people I know who defend NZ against OZ are kiwi's. Most other nationalities have a more balanced view on things.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:53 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dirk1971
The thing that gets me more than the cold and wet is the wind. I ****ing hate it.
dont mind cold, dont mind wet - dont like heat, but like you cant stand the bloody wind.

what the bloody hell am i doing heading for Wellington??!!!

Hoping Kapiti is not so windy
Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:02 pm
Banned

dont mind cold, dont mind wet - dont like heat, but like you cant stand the bloody wind.

what the bloody hell am i doing heading for Wellington??!!!

Hoping Kapiti is not so windy

It's not. I do a lot of cycling and surfing and the wind ****s me off big time. It's not too bad if you are travelling around in a car and not going out much.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:04 pm

It's not. I do a lot of cycling and surfing and the wind ****s me off big time. It's not too bad if you are travelling around in a car and not going out much.
or if you have a good back wind in your case
Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:07 pm
Banned

or if you have a good back wind in your case
Yep. Into the cbd is great. Out of it is a mission. I curse the wind like colonel Dan from Forrest Gump. "Is this the best you can do? HA HAHA HAHA"
Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

The only people I know who defend NZ against OZ are kiwi's. Most other nationalities have a more balanced view on things.

Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:08 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

When it comes to money he would have gone like a shot if it was more beneficial to him. There are two Aussie guys in my office and they've no intention of going back but one of my closest friends is talking about going to the Gold Coast next year There will always be movement between the two countries. And with the drought over there you might find more people coming this way in the future. Nobody would have thought 10 years ago that so many English people would be moving to Ireland, but they are. Things change. People change. And once you start travelling it's easier to keep going.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:10 pm

Yep. Into the cbd is great. Out of it is a mission. I curse the wind like colonel Dan from Forrest Gump. "Is this the best you can do? HA HAHA HAHA"
hahahahahaaaa fantastic image, loving it.
karma to you buddy
Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:13 pm
Banned

When it comes to money he would have gone like a shot if it was more beneficial to him. There are two Aussie guys in my office and they've no intention of going back but one of my closest friends is talking about going to the Gold Coast next year There will always be movement between the two countries. And with the drought over there you might find more people coming this way in the future. Nobody would have thought 10 years ago that so many English people would be moving to Ireland, but they are. Things change. People change. And once you start travelling it's easier to keep going.
A couple of years ago I was content in NZ. Now im over it in a big way. Things do change.
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

It's the been cold indoors that I can't stand. In the UK if the weather was lousy at least you could be toasty indoors so the weather lost it's importance really.
Here if it's cold you are painfully aware of it, the new house we're building should cure that prob
BE Enthusiast

Things change. People change. And once you start travelling it's easier to keep going.

Good quote that Norah Would send you Karma for that but I don't know how to send it
Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sky
It's the been cold indoors that I can't stand. In the UK if the weather was lousy at least you could be toasty indoors so the weather lost it's importance really.
Here if it's cold you are painfully aware of it, the new house we're building should cure that prob
With NorthSea gas running out, it wont be long before people in the UK can't afford Mr Putins' gas prices and return to the pre central-heating days.

Ah..... those were the days

Good luck with the house by the way

Kip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.