Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wellington weather is shit!

Wellington weather is shit!

Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:48 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wellington weather is shit!

Originally Posted by Boopy
The Poppet - as in the landmark.
pop ya head in the bar to see what I mean.....
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedMonsk
I'd kill to have a garden that size! I live in a town that is in a valley and there are very few gardens that are flat and they aren't usually very big either! Are you close to the beach?

What about employment? Are any hubbies out there in the renovation/construction industry?!
What about seaviews from your garden, or living room.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:50 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

I'd kill to have a garden that size! I live in a town that is in a valley and there are very few gardens that are flat and they aren't usually very big either! Are you close to the beach?

What about employment? Are any hubbies out there in the renovation/construction industry?!
much of NZ is off "the flat" - just check out the real estate ads for living "on the flat" - this is my theory why there are so few railway lines here.........again I may be well wide of the mark.....
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:50 am
you dewty owld maan!

What about seaviews from your garden, or living room.
or both and of some real scenery!!! gr8 m8
Old Apr 5th 2007, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
or both and of some real scenery!!! gr8 m8
Just the life!
Old Apr 5th 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

So can I take it that you're all pleased that you took the step to move to NZ!!

Already wondering whether we will have the bottle to do so?!!
Old Apr 5th 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=RedMonsk;4605405]So can I take it that you're all pleased that you took the step to move to NZ!!

QUOTE]

YIP
Old Apr 5th 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

we're about a 10 min drive to beach , used to be a 10 min walk when we was at our rental
Attached Thumbnails Wellington weather is shit!-waikanae-beach.jpg  
Old Apr 5th 2007, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

The Poppet - as in the landmark.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by poppets
we're about a 10 min drive to beach , used to be a 10 min walk when we was at our rental
How fantastic! I was just saying to a friend this morning that I quite fancied jumping in the car and taking a drive to the beach, but Brighton is obviously a good 1.5 hours away!

Its apparently going to reach the highs of 20C and the heat obviously went straight to my head, ha ha! (Please don't tell me how hot it is over there!!)
Old Apr 5th 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

How fantastic! I was just saying to a friend this morning that I quite fancied jumping in the car and taking a drive to the beach, but Brighton is obviously a good 1.5 hours away!

Its apparently going to reach the highs of 20C and the heat obviously went straight to my head, ha ha! (Please don't tell me how hot it is over there!!)
its probably been in the 20's , bit of a cool wind but not much , sun is very strong here though. last friday it was 28 degrees

unlike brighton, once you get to the beach there not millions of other people there & the parking is free & easy
Old Apr 6th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppets
its probably been in the 20's , bit of a cool wind but not much , sun is very strong here though. last friday it was 28 degrees

unlike brighton, once you get to the beach there not millions of other people there & the parking is free & easy
'Nuther crcking day here today!!! Yeah!!
Old Apr 6th 2007, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Another bl00dy gorgeous day here too.... we've just spent the whole afternoon down at our local beach, my little lad playing with his best friend and paddling in the sea. It was about 21 degrees, just perfect and not too hot for my bubba. We did see another couple of people down there so it was pretty busy!
Everytime I spend an afternoon like that I just love it here even more!
Old Apr 6th 2007, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SarahB
Another bl00dy gorgeous day here too.... we've just spent the whole afternoon down at our local beach, my little lad playing with his best friend and paddling in the sea. It was about 21 degrees, just perfect and not too hot for my bubba. We did see another couple of people down there so it was pretty busy!
Everytime I spend an afternoon like that I just love it here even more!
How long have you been in NZ? I'm guessing from Poppets postings that her family moved to NZ without visiting it first - something that we're considering doing, touring the area without our two children would be complicated!

Any regrets?!
Old Apr 6th 2007, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

How long have you been in NZ? I'm guessing from Poppets postings that her family moved to NZ without visiting it first - something that we're considering doing, touring the area without our two children would be complicated!

Any regrets?!
Hiya.... we came in June 05 so getting on for 2 years now. We did not visit here first but I did say that I wouldnt come without PR. We nearly moved here a few years ago but that fell through that time.... then OH got an email in December 04 asking if he wanted to work and live over here so we just said yes and went for it. So 6 months later we were here.

My only regret is that I dont get to see my folks.... I have taken their only grandchildren away from them... but they still supported our decision 100% and have been out here to see us and hopefully will come next January too.
Saying goodbye is the hardest thing Ive even had to do and it didnt get any easier when they came here and I had to say goodbye again, I cried for days.

We were lucky when we found Beachlands, it just felt right and I fell in love with the place the first time I visited. We rented for a year and then I sold my little house in UK last year and we bought this old villa, and our other house in UK has just sold this week.

The weather is pretty good... despite people moaning about Aucklands weather on here..... its mild nearly all the year round... it can be very wet but as I hate being cold it suits me down to the ground. I never ever get fed up with the views of the coastline around here, they are stunning....even now after 2 years I still go for a drive down the coastroad and marvel at the beauty.

IMO its a nicer place to bring up children than where we lived in the UK... there is a huge British population in Beachlands and one of the new estates is called Little Britain by the locals....80% brits buying the houses there. I have a good network of friends and we look out for each other.

My OH loves it here as I think he had a secret hankering to be a Fire Fighter and now hes in the volunteers and loves it. I think that reason alone would stop him from ever moving back to the UK... as he wasnt allowed to be a FF there.

No regrets .... just wish I could see my folks more often, they have a new webcam and cant get it working!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.