Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wellington weather is shit!

Wellington weather is shit!

Old Jan 16th 2007, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wellington weather is shit!

Gorgeous day again today. With a good 3 hours sitting in the garden after work.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:46 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

It was cloudy here for the most part of today but the sun did come out briefly this afternoon. Yesterday was fabulously sunny and I spent about an hour sunbathing on the tramp ... have bright red boobs now cos was sunbathing topless and they aren't used to it anymore
Old Jan 19th 2007, 5:21 am
Freak of nature

asiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud of

Move to Waikanae on the Kapiti Coast, one hours drive up SH1.
Just bliss!
Old Jan 19th 2007, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm back..........................

Well I’m back and I’m bad ass!

Spent the last week in Lower Hutt on a mission, sad to say the first thing I did when at Welly airport was…………………reach for a packed pullover………………as it was cold (well for me it was).

But……..the rest of the week was nice…………but slightly chilly at night.

I must say one knows when one is in NZ at this time of year as the air is gloriously scented as only NZ knows how.

I just wish I knew the plant that produces this aroma, as I’d get some for the rear garden.

On the petrol barometer:

NZ unleaded = NZ$ 1.372

Oz unleaded = Au$ 1.02

Sorry……………………..

(Not really)
Old Jan 19th 2007, 8:36 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm back..........................

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Well I’m back and I’m bad ass!

Spent the last week in Lower Hutt on a mission, sad to say the first thing I did when at Welly airport was…………………reach for a packed pullover………………as it was cold (well for me it was).

But……..the rest of the week was nice…………but slightly chilly at night.

I must say one knows when one is in NZ at this time of year as the air is gloriously scented as only NZ knows how.

I just wish I knew the plant that produces this aroma, as I’d get some for the rear garden.

On the petrol barometer:

NZ unleaded = NZ$ 1.372

Oz unleaded = Au$ 1.02

Sorry……………………..

(Not really)
It's the smell that gets me here everytime too. At night I think it's Helintrope - we've got a couple of young ones and even they smell heavenly but I too would love to know what the smell is during the daytime. I get off the bus in the evenings and it just envelops me and no matter how much I go sniffing down the road I can never work out what it is It wafts through the open windows when you're out driving too.

And I don't care about the petrol prices - I take the bus
Old Jan 20th 2007, 8:06 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

The bush here has a good scent I must admit but there's something about grassed areas which smells rather like cat pee! I don't think for one minute that's what it is, probably some herb or something?
Old Jan 20th 2007, 11:04 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine
The bush here has a good scent I must admit but there's something about grassed areas which smells rather like cat pee! I don't think for one minute that's what it is, probably some herb or something?
You sure it's not the aroma of the evil weed you can smell wafting across the fields
Old Jan 21st 2007, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default White Fluffy Bits.......

Some white fluffy bits in the GC today...........

Temperature is a nice 29c

Spent the day on the beach yesterday..........simply wonderful.........some more of the same today.

Sorry............

(Not really)
Old Jan 21st 2007, 12:52 am
sky
Banned

Default Re: White Fluffy Bits.......

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Some white fluffy bits in the GC today...........

Temperature is a nice 29c

Spent the day on the beach yesterday..........simply wonderful.........some more of the same today.

Sorry............

(Not really)
Quite warmish here today, got the shorts out the other day and am refusing to put them away again. I am determined to stay summery even if the NZ weather isn't
Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Wellington weather is shit!

31c now and all the fluffy bits have gone!

Wall to wall sunshine now!

Ah Bliss!

Sorry...........

(Not really)
Old Jan 21st 2007, 4:58 am
sky
Banned

Very dull this evening and we've had a few of those sticky rain showers, it's dry now so ... off to the pub I go
Old Jan 21st 2007, 5:18 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

I need to show this thread to my mum who is over and moaning about the weather up here cos we had one day of rain - tell her when she's well off! There's no pleasing some.

Admittedly summer hasn't been as good as last year ( which was spectacular) - but average temperatures in the high 20's which is way warm enough for me as it's also humid and feels a lot hotter. Vest and shorts weather for weeks and weeks now.

The weather in Nz is no better than the weather in the UK.
All depends on where you used to live and where you live now! For us its way better.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 5:28 am
Freak of nature

asiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud of
Default Re: Wellington weather is sh1t!

****Weather Report****
Up the Kapiti Coast this warm evening we'll be experiencing lots of clouds, chucking out lots of rain. Hope the weather clears up for Wellington's anniversary day tomorrow.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

eeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kippers
Some new migrants are all very cocky about their central heating back home, but I can assure you the days of central heating in the UK are numbered.
It's been a 30 year bonanza but will end once the gas has finally been squandered.
About another five to ten years worth is the estimate.
Then it's back to ice on the inside of windows and being able to see your breath indoors
Remember it?
Kip
Hey I remember pre-central heating well. Actually I've only lived in a house with central heating since 2000 and that was broken for two years (until this winter). Now the central heating is working, while it's lovely, my throat is always dry and I suffer something that is a little like asthma. I welcome adapting to life without central heating! I like double glazing though - that seems sensible, more energy efficient. I'm not put of by Wellington's weather yet - just more prepared.

We've had a mild winter so far, but some very windy days. But mostly it goes mad at night... I know as it wakes me up so I can watch my daughter's play house move from one end of the garden to the other.

Elaine
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:15 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sky
I forgive you it's horrible the latter end of pregnancy.
What a fab time of year to have a baby in nz though bet you can't wait
I may be wrong but I saw somewhere that NZ had a climate similar to the UK so why would people come here to complain about Wellies weather,I love it ,doing a days work in steaming hot sun and humidity is not my idea of fun,we had a week in the northland last feb and it was too muggy and hot day and night.I love wellies weather.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.