Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Wellington Thread

The Wellington Thread

Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Wellington Thread

Days out in Wellington - Family Day Trentham Races Wellington Day
Attached Thumbnails The Wellington Thread-dscf1844.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1846.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1858.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1859.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1869.jpg  

Old Feb 18th 2010, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Chinese New Year Courtney Place Wellington Feb14th 2010 Part 1
Attached Thumbnails The Wellington Thread-dscf1926.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1927.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1929.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1930.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1931.jpg  

Old Feb 18th 2010, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Chinese New Year Courtney Place Wellington Feb14th 2010 Part 2
Attached Thumbnails The Wellington Thread-dscf1932.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1934.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1935.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1937.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1938.jpg  

Old Feb 18th 2010, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Chinese New Year Courtney Place Wellington Feb14th 2010 Part 3
Attached Thumbnails The Wellington Thread-dscf1939.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1940.jpg  
Old Feb 18th 2010, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Wellington Zoo - A Must for all.... Part 1
Attached Thumbnails The Wellington Thread-dscf1969.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1971.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1977.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1980.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1981.jpg  

Old Feb 18th 2010, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Wellington Zoo - A Must for all.... Part 2
Attached Thumbnails The Wellington Thread-dscf1982.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1983.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1987.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1988.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1989.jpg  

Old Feb 18th 2010, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Wellington Zoo - A Must for all.... Part 3
Attached Thumbnails The Wellington Thread-dscf1990.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1991.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1992.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1993.jpg   The Wellington Thread-dscf1994.jpg  

Old Aug 7th 2010, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

If your at a loose end next weekend in Wellington then there's the winter carnival in Petone...

http://www.wintercarnival.co.nz/defa...p?PageID=14292
Old Aug 7th 2010, 2:45 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Wellington Zoo - A Must for all.... Part 3
Great am thinking of taking little one here on her birthday, which is not long after we arrive on North Island

Dewb
Old Aug 7th 2010, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Great am thinking of taking little one here on her birthday, which is not long after we arrive on North Island

Dewb
You'll love it...
Old Jan 10th 2011, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Wellington Cup Carnival week is just around the corner once again...

INTERISLANDER SUMMER FESTIVAL FAMILY DAY MONDAY 24 2011
Under 18's free - Kids Fashion in the Field - Bouncy Castle Village - The Funky Monkeys - Kids entertainment is free - Summer Fun for the whole family

Trentham Races... great fun for all the family...

I'll be there... hopefully this year a couple of the nags i bet on might win...

http://www.trentham.co.nz/page/home.aspx
Old Feb 12th 2011, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

SuffolkbritinNZ will become famous soon enough

What a great thread!
I've been living in Christchurch last few years but a possible job opp has come up in Wellington and I'm thinking about it...as much as I like Christchurch, the city has little 'vibe' and that's something I love about Wellington.
But as i'm from UK, one of the benefits to moving out to NZ was the vast improvement in the weather...Christchurch has been great and I'm worried Wellington is going to be a lot colder / winder / wetter than I'm used to and so just feel like I'm still back in UK!!!??
I also love outdoor sports and running and would hate the weather to be so bad you can't outside much!! Sorry if I'm being completely OTT...I'm just going on opinions of people I know who have lived in Welly!! Shall I ignore them?! Please tell me they are lying because I'd love to live there!
Old Feb 12th 2011, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

OK, opinion here from someone who lived in Norfolk, OH worked in Ipswich. We now live in Wellington, Weather is marginally better here in Welly than in Suffolk, we have more sunny days here than Suffolk.

Wellington can be exceptionally windy at times and you would need to consider this in your choice of where to live. Temperature wise we seem to be cooler than most other places in NZ.

Running here in my opinion is good especially around the Waterfront and Bays. Nightlife i think is way better than other cities in NZ as it is all pretty central, and Welly people certainly know how to Party without causing trouble. Wellington has an excellent Cafe culture and you are right in saying there is a good Vibe here, something we have found lacking in most other cities.

Good Luck with whatever you decide. You will never know until you try it.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

On a day like today, with the sun beating down, you'd think the wind never blows... For me the quality of wellington life outshines the wind when she blows... The cafes, bars and people are great...
Old Feb 13th 2011, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

SuffolkbritinNZ will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon
OK, opinion here from someone who lived in Norfolk, OH worked in Ipswich. We now live in Wellington, Weather is marginally better here in Welly than in Suffolk, we have more sunny days here than Suffolk.

Wellington can be exceptionally windy at times and you would need to consider this in your choice of where to live. Temperature wise we seem to be cooler than most other places in NZ.

Running here in my opinion is good especially around the Waterfront and Bays. Nightlife i think is way better than other cities in NZ as it is all pretty central, and Welly people certainly know how to Party without causing trouble. Wellington has an excellent Cafe culture and you are right in saying there is a good Vibe here, something we have found lacking in most other cities.

Good Luck with whatever you decide. You will never know until you try it.
Well Kimi-Deacon, thats a real help as I used to live close to Ipswich too so you obviously are very familiar with what lifestyle / weather etc we've come from!!
I guess I'm also wondering if there's always plenty going on in Wellington. I know its the capital but it's a tiny city really isn't it....are there always heaps of events going on? It seems in Christchurch there is always something to do.

I'm actually seriously considering Auckland too and wonder if the warmer weather, proximity to great beaches and heaps always going on - maybe it would be a better suit?

Ahhhh decisions decisions!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.