Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Wellington Thread

The Wellington Thread

Old Aug 21st 2008, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Wellington Thread

Originally Posted by crap coffee
I tried a few different Waffles and each one was unique - I am surprised the fact that it's Korea (so is this a Korean (way) Waffle then? Nope.. they were original Belgian - the taste was pretty much the same that I had in Brussels, België)
I must have been hungry when I saw your post, as i popped off to Sainsburys and bought some Belgian Waffles. never had them before, but with some ice-cream, bananas and Nutella they were bloomin GORGEOUS!!! Now my Oh is asking for them every night he he!

Lou
xx
Old Aug 21st 2008, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou
Now my Oh is asking for them every night he he!

Lou
xx
Are you changing the subject?
Old Aug 21st 2008, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
WHY NOT !

Last edited by crap coffee; Aug 21st 2008 at 11:39 am.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kamburu pat
Crap Coffee,
I have only been to Wellington once, in Spring 2005 to visit our son and we toured most of the North Island, what stood out for me was the wonderful fresh fish (love the snapper!) the fruit, veggies and at the Wharf restaurant in Gisborne, the crayfish and cardomom spiced ice cream! I have never eaten such good food or drunk such great white wine, coffee was OK too. I think I would manage very well if I lived in Welly!
Pat.
Crap coffee? Wellington is the coffee capital of the world in my view. We have travelled extensively in the past year and haven't had decent coffee anywhere
Old Aug 21st 2008, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by larnie
Crap coffee? Wellington is the coffee capital of the world in my view. We have travelled extensively in the past year and haven't had decent coffee anywhere
(Purely) From my point of view, I am not able to find decent flavoured coffee beans that I like here in Welly. Generally speaking, the quality of coffee beans are excellent in NZ however. ......... can't find the one that I like ............

I do drink lots of beer at Kiwi bar , however I don't get coffee for myself at cafe (unless my friend get one for me for FREE - still say No Thanks, though........). seriously I don't find they are nice ...........so did the day before yesterday while lunching with my work mate at BNZ foodcourt - thought never again ! (in fact it was worse than rubbish - it depends on cafe really). - well. I say it's just me.......

Coffee is 200% beautiful in NZ. Trust me....

ahhhh.....only two cafes I love in Welly - they do make beautiful coffee - superb One in Petone - called "Cafe Occaision" or something(?) on Jackson ST, and the other one is a Morrocan cafe on Oriental Parade on the way to Lyall bay

I am off for a pint of GUINNESS

Last edited by crap coffee; Aug 21st 2008 at 2:28 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Old Aug 21st 2008, 10:43 pm
Short & Sweet

Spawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to all

Hiya, Just thought i'd say hiya and get it back to the top. Still many more people need to see.

Dawn
Old Aug 30th 2008, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Just putting back on top with the info that Wellington is right up there for first class rugby...

http://www.hurricanes.co.nz/

http://www.wellingtonlions.co.nz/

Old Aug 30th 2008, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all

Just putting back on top with the info that Wellington is right up there for first class rugby...

http://www.hurricanes.co.nz/

http://www.wellingtonlions.co.nz/

Simon, clicked on the hurricane link and got this -

HaCkeD By StRoNiX & 7h3__G4m3 & T0r3x

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sisaj dedi karinu

Ti drknem shamarchinu ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
p0Zz za: |Jekka| |JuMp-Er| |_Tijannica_| |!g0r| |ML`| |Kure| |[_h_p_] Mirey| |[_h_p_]Gawra| |[_h_p_] Vujke| |eliminator| |n0th1ng| |X3L4|

MSN: [email protected]
Old Aug 30th 2008, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nic.gem.soph
Simon, clicked on the hurricane link and got this -

HaCkeD By StRoNiX & 7h3__G4m3 & T0r3x

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sisaj dedi karinu

Ti drknem shamarchinu ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
p0Zz za: |Jekka| |JuMp-Er| |_Tijannica_| |!g0r| |ML`| |Kure| |[_h_p_] Mirey| |[_h_p_]Gawra| |[_h_p_] Vujke| |eliminator| |n0th1ng| |X3L4|

MSN: [email protected]
Their site must have been hacked!!!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all

I worked that one out, just wanted to let you know...

nic
Old Sep 1st 2008, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee
(Purely) From my point of view, I am not able to find decent flavoured coffee beans that I like here in Welly. Generally speaking, the quality of coffee beans are excellent in NZ however. ......... can't find the one that I like ............

I do drink lots of beer at Kiwi bar , however I don't get coffee for myself at cafe (unless my friend get one for me for FREE - still say No Thanks, though........). seriously I don't find they are nice ...........so did the day before yesterday while lunching with my work mate at BNZ foodcourt - thought never again ! (in fact it was worse than rubbish - it depends on cafe really). - well. I say it's just me.......

Coffee is 200% beautiful in NZ. Trust me....

ahhhh.....only two cafes I love in Welly - they do make beautiful coffee - superb One in Petone - called "Cafe Occaision" or something(?) on Jackson ST, and the other one is a Morrocan cafe on Oriental Parade on the way to Lyall bay

I am off for a pint of GUINNESS
BNZ food court would not be on my list of places to get an excellent Wellington coffee (nor any Food Court really) but most every other proper cafe is, each to his own.
Actually the only one I really don't like is Gloria Jean's which I think is an Oz chain.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 4:52 am
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by luvwelly
BNZ food court would not be on my list of places to get an excellent Wellington coffee (nor any Food Court really) but most every other proper cafe is, each to his own.
Actually the only one I really don't like is Gloria Jean's which I think is an Oz chain.

It is most certainly NOT an Australian chain, thank you very much. We have plenty of them in Australia, but anyone who knows anything about coffee would rather die than drink their dishwater.

Like every one of the world's crappy coffee chains, it comes from the USA.

Last edited by SNH; Sep 1st 2008 at 4:54 am.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 10:26 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SNH

It is most certainly NOT an Australian chain, thank you very much. We have plenty of them in Australia, but anyone who knows anything about coffee would rather die than drink their dishwater.

Like every one of the world's crappy coffee chains, it comes from the USA.

So Mojo gets the thumbs up !!!!!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
So Mojo gets the thumbs up !!!!! :
Mojo & Cafe L'affare - they are RUBBISH

never been to Havana roaster in Welly but didn't like the supermarket packaged Havana Cuban coffee anyway.

supreme coffee little better than them. they do have a nice blend of coffee called "New York Blend" It's lovely. I have to admit that that's the only coffee beans I do not hate and I can drink every morning. I go there to buy coffee (at lunch time) every 4 days and ask for grind actually. I've bought quite a few burr grinders in the past and they were all trash. (now I gave up ) never again. - just waisting money. If you use a stupid grinder at home, that's pretty bad - not many people can recognize this but I can.. - trust me. (though it's fresher but the taste awful :curse therefore it's better to get nicely grind fresh coffee beans from the roaster and use within _3_ days. and then you must dump them.

Get spring or filtered water when you make coffee - never tap water please........... and big no no no rubbish kettles........ because that plastic/metal kettles can impart a plastic/metal taste to the water I use a small glass-ceramic pot which is very good (Corning USA - it's 16 years old we got them in the States when I was a kid but can't find any in nz ) or 18/10 stainless steel (WMF - I bought it in Welly recently). If not 18/10 stainless good quality one, you will have a manky metal taste...grrrrr

But I got a beautiful new kettle (RH) yesterday - well. I only use a kettle - to warm my Cafetière and mug with hot water and sterilize kitchen utensils and.... Killing cute mice that's about it

from my humble opinion making coffee at home is the best - at least You can adjust it to suit your taste. and have a choice for coffee beans/milk that you like. nice isn't it? Not such a big fan of Latte or Capuccino or Espresso kind of type coffee, hence crap coffee at crap cafe - doesn't bother me much. am not bothered going to cafes at all. I just eat food (lunch)& water . and drink morning coffee at home before going to work. so no more ....

also I no longer drink coffee in my office either as the drinking water coming from a steaming hot water taps in the kitchen (don't think it's fresh)- so no kettles around in our office. I have no idea whether it's filtered or not. or dirty or clean. Everybody enjoys it, I just avoid.

* I am not so sure -- incidentally I've read somewhere (magazines) the Gloria Jeans coffee - they are originally from America.

Last edited by crap coffee; Sep 1st 2008 at 2:39 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.