Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Wellington Thread

The Wellington Thread

Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:27 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Wellington Thread

Originally Posted by kamburu pat
Rob,
You know I always love your Welly (and any others) piccies. I`ve only been to Welly once to visit our son, will come again. Can you tell us where some of the places are please?
Pat, Harrogate ... I`m sure you know it!
Cheers! Sorry, should have labelled them but I was being lazy

View of Wellington city from the corner of state highway 1

The Beehive and other parliament buildings

Sunrise over SH1 looking North

The building site of the new courthouse

Wellington train station

Clear water and mussels in Wellington Harbour
Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:29 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Clear day looking towards the Hutt Valley from the waterfront

The Rowing Club lagoon and civic centre

Oriental Bay fountain

Michael Fowler Centre

Rowing Club building

Wellington City by night - Guy Fawkes Night 2007
Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:32 pm
Happy in Wellington

A sample of the 20 minute fireworks display 2007

Views from the wind turbine over the harbour

Looking towards the airport from the wind turbine. Noodle the dog with new haircut!!

The carpark and marina from teh back window of Te Papa

Westpac stadium (the cake tin)

Wood on the loading docks
Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:33 pm
Happy in Wellington

The Beehive again

Fern ball from teh Civic Centre

The city by night from the hills looking over the stadium

Lambton Quay
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:56 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

This is a lovely thread, all about Welly and all its great bits.
We visited at New Year, and liked it very much, we loved the city ctr, and of course the fact it is right on coast, anywhere near the sea and we're happy. We saw lots in our 1 and half days, but look forward to coming back again to see some more.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Cheers! Sorry, should have labelled them but I was being lazy
Hi Rob,

I think you are deeply in LOVE with Welly

Good on ya mate

I would wonder how you're gonna feel after 10 years

Welly we live in today is so much different than it was when I was a kid (I mean in a good way )

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails The Wellington Thread-w26_pool_by_town_hall_wellington.jpg   The Wellington Thread-welly-bridge.jpg   The Wellington Thread-welly-cuba-st.jpg   The Wellington Thread-welly_fountain_by_night.jpg  

Last edited by crap coffee; Aug 13th 2008 at 2:49 am.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 3:25 am
Happy in Wellington

Oo I have more!

Keep forgetting who this is! Just off Lambton quay

Wellington City

Art on the waterfront

Views from the botanic gardens

Everyone takes this photo!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 3:30 am
Happy in Wellington

Sevens day

Lambton Quay

The IBM Building

Cuba Mall

Navy ship

Groovy clouds

From Te Papa

The marae in Te Papa - Maori meeting house

Old Aug 13th 2008, 3:32 am
Happy in Wellington

The Civic Centre again

And the stadium again

Old Aug 13th 2008, 3:35 am
Happy in Wellington

Chinese new year on the waterfront

Rain!

DIY Shop

Petone

Steaming road in the sun after the rain
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Really brilliant photo's Rob. Thanx.

Each time I look at these I get SO excited!!!!! 9 and a half weeks till we jet off Welly bound. It will be great to recognise some places from the photo's.

Lou
xx
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

oooh yes. Forgot to ask. what is Seven.s Day??

The pic looked like a bunch of hairy men in dresses, but a closer look revealed cavemen I think?!!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:40 am
Happy in Wellington

It's the Rugby Sevens tournament - basically a whole stadium party with rugby in the middle.

Everyone goes in fancy dress and tickets sell out in minutes.

Madness.

Apparently last year they arrested over 40 people for nakedness in the streets after the games finished!!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:42 am
Happy in Wellington

http://www.nzisevens.co.nz/
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:47 am
kamburu pat

kamburu pat will become famous soon enoughkamburu pat will become famous soon enough

Thanks Rob, the photos are all great, I love the Big ones, when we come back I will be able to see the places again in person, meanwhile I shall look at your photos often.
The Welly thread is a good idea, I can see that people really love their city.
Cheers, Pat, from a wet North Yorks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.