British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Wellington Mums once again............. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/wellington-mums-once-again-527606/)

pumpkinlou Apr 7th 2008 7:48 pm

Wellington Mums once again.............

Hello All you wellington Ladies, and Wannabe's (that includes odd guy who was pretending to be a chick in the PP!)

Thought I would just see how everyone is doing, as we haven't chatted in a while. I had two of the most miserable weeks ever with Nurse Flu :(
Then OH had Man Flu. then the two little ones had Pumpkin Flu. :ohmy:
BUT... We are all better now. Have been busy painting, weeding, tidying, sorting....We hired a skip last weekend and de-cluttered. Could do with 3 more skips for all my junk and old clothes and make-up :lol:

Having our house valued tomorrow. The Shippers are booked. So things are starting to take shape and it is all seeming a bit more real!! I'm getting really excited.

Hope you are all good.

PL xxxxxxx

stasia Apr 7th 2008 10:53 pm

Re: Wellington Mums once again.............

hi again pl, i really feel for you it's so hectic trying to get everything together you feel like you can't have a relaxing weekend cos there's always something to do with regards to the move so hang in there it will all be worth it.
when you coming over again?

donnaf Apr 8th 2008 6:26 am

Hi Lou,
it doesn't seem like 5 minutes since we were doing that and here we are 15 months down the line!!!!
I hope all goes well with the house and we'll see you soon.

danny.f Apr 8th 2008 6:43 am

How many are you? When are you getting here? Where are you staying? Why?

pumpkinlou Apr 8th 2008 8:51 am

Originally Posted by danny.f (Post 6176499)
How many are you? When are you getting here? Where are you staying? Why?

There's me, Hubby, and two little people. we are coming to Welly in October. No plans of where to stay yet!! May become a gypsy and live in a camper van, who knows. Strangely not worried about it (should I be? :eek:)

Why? Well, lots of reasons. Beaches, Wildlife, space, Sports, Cleaner air, More relaxed lifestyle. Not bothered about being rich. Just living a happy life. So NZ and Welly tick all our boxes.
And obviously as my Best bud frenchie is there, that is a bonus!

PL
x

oh yes Danny, plus your lovely OH has all but offered me a job!

danny.f Apr 8th 2008 9:31 am

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou (Post 6176807)
There's me, Hubby, and two little people. we are coming to Welly in October. No plans of where to stay yet!! May become a gypsy and live in a camper van, who knows. Strangely not worried about it (should I be? :eek:)

Why? Well, lots of reasons. Beaches, Wildlife, space, Sports, Cleaner air, More relaxed lifestyle. Not bothered about being rich. Just living a happy life. So NZ and Welly tick all our boxes.
And obviously as my Best bud frenchie is there, that is a bonus!

PL
x

oh yes Danny, plus your lovely OH has all but offered me a job!

Ah...you'll love it. Welly is the business. D'ya want picking up?

pumpkinlou Apr 8th 2008 9:50 am

:)

Yes, I really have a good feeling about it.

That is really kind Danny :thumbup: (you really are a nice bunch on here). Will let you know. Actually flying in to ChCh and going up to Blenheim to see Frenchie. Then, my plan ends. Not sure what the hell to do. Whether to sort a rental or a motelfor when we get to Welly. Whether to fly to Welly, or hire a car and come on the ferry. That's why all my freinds think I have lost the plot, cos when they ask me, and I say I have no plans, they are like WHAT??

Frenchy Apr 8th 2008 10:53 am

Thats cos you are gonna stay in Blenheim forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):wub:

pumpkinlou Apr 8th 2008 12:02 pm

:D

Yes. Paul can be your gardener, and I'll be the cook. Quorn lasagne for tea yum yum :eek: