Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wellington mums...again

Wellington mums...again

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice
Default Re: Wellington mums...again

Neither, it was John Taylor (Duran Duran) that floated my boat!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wilma & co
Neither, it was John Taylor (Duran Duran) that floated my boat!
Eurgh. Yuk. Will have to reconsider your WAM membership I think!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

Originally Posted by saritabear
Eurgh. Yuk. Will have to reconsider your WAM membership I think!
Oh no - I've dusted off my ra-ra skirt and everything!!
T-shirts with large slogans have been 'in' this summer - I'm proud to say I did it first time round!!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:06 pm
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wilma & co
Oh no - I've dusted off my ra-ra skirt and everything!!
T-shirts with large slogans have been 'in' this summer - I'm proud to say I did it first time round!!
SO did I, but with Frankie
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:08 pm
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
SO did I, but with Frankie
snap!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Frankie were far too naughty for me!

I was in love with Billy Idol and singer from Depeche Mode - Dave Gahan.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:55 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou
Frankie were far too naughty for me!

I was in love with Billy Idol and singer from Depeche Mode - Dave Gahan.
The lead singer from Brother Beyond........
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Remember the name but not what he looked like. Might have to look him up!!!

Anything to avoid housework!!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:29 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Remember the name but not what he looked like. Might have to look him up!!!

Anything to avoid housework!!
Nathan something as I recall..........
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:37 am
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

singer from Depeche Mode - Dave Gahan.

Oo, me too ! They were my fave group back then.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:39 am
The Wicked One

Originally Posted by karonious
The lead singer from Brother Beyond........
Nathan Moore (google is great - never into these myself)

here's the Wiki bit

The band's musical career can be easily traced down by reading through most of late Eighties issues of popular British teen magazines, such as "Smash Hits" and "Number One", though the most authoritative source remains, of course, the lead singer's official Website. The group's first four singles, "I Should Have Lied", "How Many Times", "Chain-Gang Smile" (produced by Don Was from Was Not Was), and an early version of "Can You Keep a Secret?" (later on to be remixed and hit the charts, indeed), were all written by band members Eg White (then substituted by live session drummer Steve Alexander), or David White in collaboration with Carl Fysh, and performed together by the band, ideally led by vocalist Nathan Moore (though he never took part to the composition process on any songs, nor could play any instrument himself). None of these early singles, out between 1986 and 1988 ever troubled the UK Top 50, but they were instead minor chart entries, in the UK Top 75 Singles Chart.

However, Stock, Aitken and Waterman (SAW) auctioned off their services to charity, and Brother Beyond and label EMI won the auction. The first song to be released from this session was "The Harder I Try", a Number 2 hit, that was only kept off the top by the million-seller "A Groovy Kind of Love", by Phil Collins, in July 1988. "The Harder I Try" famously samples the drum intro to The Isley Brothers' "This Old Heart of Mine", and indeed the song, as a whole, has a distinct Motown feel, as does its successor "He Ain't No Competition", getting to Number 6. The 12" version of the latter topped the Hi-NRG charts, in October 1988, where it stayed until it was knocked off by the Samantha Fox cover of "I Only Wanna Be with You", again produced by SAW. Their final significant hits were two remixed versions of album-tracks: "Be My Twin", which got to Number 14, and "Can You Keep a Secret?", hitting Number 22. All these singles were taken from the two different editions of their first album Get Even.

Subsequent releases delivered lesser returns, with "Drive On" hitting Number 39 - the first single from their second album, Trust, again completely self-written, which also bombed completely, in 1989 -, the title-track itself, "Trust", at Number 53, and a cover of the ballad by The Three Degrees, called "When Will I See You Again?", stalling at Number 43. After a year-long break, the band enjoyed some more success in the USA, with their very last tune, "The Girl I Used to Know", and a final UK chart-entry at Number 48, but no third follow-up album ever came out after this one single.

They released in fact only two albums, Get Even, in 1988, and Trust, in 1989, before disbanding, in 1991. In 2005, a collection was released, The Very Best of Brother Beyond, collecting all of the band's greatest hits, including the 1991 single, "The Girl I Used to Know", which was not previously available on any album.

[edit] Band members
Nathan Moore - born Nathan Marcellus Moore, 10 January 1965, in Stamford Hill, London - Vocalist
David White - born 6 June 1965, in Highbury, North London - Guitarist / Vocalist
Carl Fysh - born 25 January 1963 - Keyboardist
Steve Alexander - born 20 November 1962, in Ystradgynlais, Powys, Mid Wales - Drummer
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Spid!

Yes, we obviously have good taste!

Google and Wikipedia are fab. I looked up Nick Kamen who did each time you break my heart! I drove my family mad because I played it over and over again!

PL
x
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all

Hi Spid!

Yes, we obviously have good taste!

Google and Wikipedia are fab. I looked up Nick Kamen who did each time you break my heart! I drove my family mad because I played it over and over again!

PL
x
Two of my cheesiest old favs were "Nothings gonna change my love for you...." i think by Glen Mederos???? and "love changes everything" by Climie ? Fisher. Sorry girls but I love a good singalong to them!

sb
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Climie Fisher ha ha! I had forgotten about him! I love that. All I can hear in my head is the Michael Ball version though!

Sometimes when I am bored i go onto Youtube and search for all the oldies. I loved Milli Vanilli, I tried to sell one of their 12 inches on e bay years ago and didn't get one offer!!!!

My fave oldie at the moment is "Safety Dance" by Men without hats! Brilliant! The video is pure cheese.

Lou
xx