Wellington Mums

Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:48 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wellington Mums

Originally Posted by karonious
I would be happy to show you around the Porirua area once you arrive - a whistlestop tour of the local environs.
And I'm sure there will be others who can show you/tell you about other areas
Originally Posted by pumpkinlou

Thanks Karonius. That would be great.

Cheers

Lou
xx
Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Me too!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

We booked the bach through www.bookabach.co.nz before we got here. You could also have a look at www.holidayhouses.co.nz or try www.holidayhomes.co.nz or have a look at the rental section on Trade me (www.trademe.co.nz) as there may be short term rentals on there. Add me to the list of people willing to show you around the area too!!

Alison
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Thats lovely. Thanks very much!

Can't wait to come now!!!!!

Lou
xxx
Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:03 pm
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Check this out

http://www.tommys.co.nz/?id=600

depending on your budget theres some nice houses to buy.

As a nurse you should be looking in the Hutt, Wellington City or Porirua City areas as thats where the hospitals are. Hutt and Wellington being the bigger ones. Anywhere else and you will prob need a second car to drive to work.

If outside of Wellington and if your working in the city than best take the train unless on shift work or want to come in early for work. Traffic builds up at rush hour.

There are forum members from all over Wellington (not just Porirua) so ask some questions about other suburbs for alternatives.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Hi Maz,

It looks like we will have quite a meet up then! Can't wait.

Lou
xx
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Hi Lou,
I'm a Welly mum and a nurse, also friends with Karonious, Wilma, Maz, dreamfish etc so we will have to organise a big get together when you are ready!
Ignore Ted Logan - he is envious of the Porirua Posse and is a PP wannabe
Only joking Ted
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:19 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou
Hi Maz,

It looks like we will have quite a meet up then! Can't wait.

Lou
xx
Sweet as!

Originally Posted by donnaf
Only joking Ted
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Kerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to all

Originally Posted by donnaf
Hi Lou,
I'm a Welly mum and a nurse, also friends with Karonious, Wilma, Maz, dreamfish etc so we will have to organise a big get together when you are ready!
Only joking Ted
Hey, I might only be in Miramar but I am still a Welly mum too

Ted Logan and I have a 2yr old so if anyone needs any advice or are thinking of moving nearer to Welly, PM us if you need any advice.

Donna, your a traitor, you spend virtually most of your time in Welly city i.e. Oriental Bay, Te Papa, Athens Street lol
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Kerry and the rest of you Wellington Lasses!

looks like your posse is where everyone wants to be!Glad you can make room for a few newbies.

I bet it's wierd when you all first get together, because of the names!! ie.. Who was that, oh you now, Toadfish or whatever

So, how does nursing compare in NZ?

Lou
xx
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Kerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to all

It is weird when you get together, you read posts from other members and before you meet them you always have your own perception of what they are going to be like. They are a mad lot and worth having a good night out with and very helpful and supportive.

Which brings me to thinking we are probably due another girls night out in Welly very soon!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Donna, your a traitor, you spend virtually most of your time in Welly city i.e. Oriental Bay, Te Papa, Athens Street lol [/QUOTE]

We only cross the Gorge to see you and yours, we get the best service in Athens Street after all, where else can you get alcohol and karaoke at 6am? The rest of the time you are in Porirua!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

So, how does nursing compare in NZ?

Lou
xx[/QUOTE]

I have had a complete job change (and I'm having another one next month). My major impression is that if they think you will fit in, if you have the right ttitude etc they will take you on. from my point of view there is less Health and Safety, less following policy and dottin the i's / crossing the t's etc which has it's good and bad points but the hands on clinical stuff is pretty much the same.
Have you started looking yet? What is your field?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kerry W
we are probably due another girls night out in Welly very soon!

Not before us 'Wellington Dad's' get our arses in gear and have a lads day/night out...
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Not before us 'Wellington Dad's' get our arses in gear and have a lads day/night out...
Spot on. Our go. Do the thread thing Si-my birfday end of March!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Spot on. Our go. Do the thread thing Si-my birfday end of March!
Oh yes.... thinking caps on! discuss sunday?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.