Wellington Mums

Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice
Default Re: Wellington Mums

A nice bottle (or 2) is never a problem! If you have any questions before you arrive, or after, don't hesitate to ask (PM or on forum) and I'll try to help out. Got to go shopping now for a birthday present and 2 harmonicas (don't ask! ) TTFN
Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

PVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by saritabear
...shall I bring a bottle or two?!
You will not fit in around here if you are only bringing 2 bottles!!! Thats only enough for the first 5 mins for the Porirua Posse!!!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Hi PVFC & Co.

You sound like my kinda Gals!!

I'll bring the Vodka and Red Bull's.

And perhaps something nice to nibble on

Lou
xx
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:54 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PVFC
You will not fit in around here if you are only bringing 2 bottles!!! Thats only enough for the first 5 mins for the Porirua Posse!!!
Ha ha ha!! The OP thinks you are a GIRL!! That will teach you to take the p*** out of the Porirua Posse!!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:56 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou
Hi PVFC & Co.

I'll bring the Vodka and Red Bull's.

And perhaps something nice to nibble on

Lou
xx

I only have my 12 year old daughter in this country, so don't really fit into the Mums with small kids category but you would be most welcome to come over sometime
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:56 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi PVFC & Co.

*cough!* *splutter!* That'll teach PVFC to not show their gender.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Hi Karonius,

Yes, it's nice to chat with other Ladies who are in Wellington and can offer a bit of advice. Cheers for that.

Also, any advice on what to do when you first arrive? I am about to book our flights to Christchurch, and hire a car, drive up visiting my best buddy Frenchie on Blenheim. Then arrive in Welly on the ferry. After that, I have no idea what to do. Whether to do Motel, Hotel, B & B, or try and rent somewhere before we come out?

Any advice appreciated.

Ta.

Lou
xx
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Who is this PVFC then. Cheeky Devil!!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:10 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Who is this PVFC then. Cheeky Devil!!
I'll let him know about this thread at work tomorrow.

That'll teach him!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:21 am
conquering the world!

Hi Karonius,

Yes, it's nice to chat with other Ladies who are in Wellington and can offer a bit of advice. Cheers for that.

Also, any advice on what to do when you first arrive? I am about to book our flights to Christchurch, and hire a car, drive up visiting my best buddy Frenchie on Blenheim. Then arrive in Welly on the ferry. After that, I have no idea what to do. Whether to do Motel, Hotel, B & B, or try and rent somewhere before we come out?

Any advice appreciated.

Ta.

Lou
xx
Not sure where to start Lou...
I found a place I fancied on trademe and got a friend to look at it for me - but I had already been down for an interview and been shown round the local area by another friend. Both incidentally, people I have met through this forum who have turned out to be lovely people (dannyf and Littletoe take a bow!!) Doesn't work for everyone but worked for me.
I would suggest a motel first, then look for yourself. We found a suitable rental inHamilton within 2 weeks, so it's perfectly possible to do so
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, I think you're right.

Best to take a good look around ourselves. Some areas look gorgeous on the internet, but might not be our cup of tea in real life.

I actually love the look of Otaki, and the Hutt area, and Raumati Beach. but think otaki would be mega isolating. Also got to think about Hubby commuting into Welly for work, and he tells me I will have to get a job too!! Currently a Community Staff Nurse - part time. Hoping to win the lottery and live a life of luxury when I get there!! Well, we can dream can't we!

Lou
xx
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

Hi Lou. When we first arrived we had 2 weeks in a holiday home and then 10 days in a motel until our rental (which we're still in) was available. We had expected it to be a lot easier to find a rental, but then we had quite a small area we were looking in - we wanted hubby to be able to walk/cycle to work and kids to walk to school.
What time of year will you be arriving? If it's NZ winter there will be a bigger choice of motel/B&B/bach 's available until you find something more permanent. I would agree with Karonious that staying in a motel etc first will give you time to check out which area you'd prefer a more long term base in. Exciting isn't it!!!??!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:36 am
conquering the world!

Yes, I think you're right.

Best to take a good look around ourselves. Some areas look gorgeous on the internet, but might not be our cup of tea in real life.

I actually love the look of Otaki, and the Hutt area, and Raumati Beach. but think otaki would be mega isolating. Also got to think about Hubby commuting into Welly for work, and he tells me I will have to get a job too!! Currently a Community Staff Nurse - part time. Hoping to win the lottery and live a life of luxury when I get there!! Well, we can dream can't we!

Lou
xx
I would be happy to show you around the Porirua area once you arrive - a whistlestop tour of the local environs.
And I'm sure there will be others who can show you/tell you about other areas
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Wilma

Yes, it's so exciting. I spend hours just sitting at the PC looking at houses, wishing I was there. We have been planning this for a few years, and now I have to pinch myself that I am actually escaping. (sounds drastic but work, area I live, bereavement etc etc all added to the need for a new life)

Did you book your holiday home before you arrived?

Thanks for the advice.

Lou
xx
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Karonius. That would be great.

Cheers

Lou
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.