Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wellington Airport long term parking - price hike!

Wellington Airport long term parking - price hike!

Old Oct 13th 2009, 8:47 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wellington Airport long term parking - price hike!

Just a warning really - it used to be much cheaper for us to park at the airport than to get taxis, but it's not so cheap now!

Prices have gone up from $26 for day 1 + $6 a day to $25 for day 1 + $10 a day

Also the guy who picked us up (in a shiny new signwritten van) was miserable, didn't even acknowledge us, let alone respond to my "hello!".
Also it was chucking it down but he didn't drive us up to the car like they used to, just dumped the van at the entrance and went back to the office - we had 4 cases with us.

Humph.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 12:21 am
Banned

Madmaxdeux will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Wellington Airport long term parking - price hike!

Dare I say it?

Catch a Bus instead

Here is how I view it and bear in mind I make a large part of my living from Tourism and Transport. Increase the parking fees less people park in the car parks and then use public transport services which in turns creates employment and income.