Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wellington Accomodation Recommendation

Wellington Accomodation Recommendation

Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Izzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to all
Default Wellington Accomodation Recommendation

Hi folks

Can any of the Welly lot please suggest a place to stay for my husband.

He'll be arriving next week (1 month before me) and needs a place to stay during the week (he'll spend weekends at the beach with family).

He'll be working in CBD and would prefer to walk to work or short public transport commute to save on car costs.

Thanks in advance!!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wellington Accomodation Recommendation

Originally Posted by Izzy and Ian
Hi folks

He'll be arriving next week (1 month before me) and needs a place to stay during the week (he'll spend weekends at the beach with family).

He'll be working in CBD and would prefer to walk to work or short public transport commute to save on car costs.

Thanks in advance!!
Plenty of serviced appartments around if that would suit, think you can get a studio style place, including your own bathroom and kitchen etc...try Quest and look at the various Wellington options...
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Izzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to all

Thanks Irnbru - quest seems to be fairly well booked (and expensive for the options left).

If it's going to be hard to get somewhere in walking distance, a train ride would be OK.

Any more suggestions, I'm desparate for a person recommendation (don't want ot dump him somewhere grim )
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Irnbru - quest seems to be fairly well booked (and expensive for the options left).

If it's going to be hard to get somewhere in walking distance, a train ride would be OK.

Any more suggestions, I'm desparate for a person recommendation (don't want ot dump him somewhere grim )
Yeah, it is summer here at the moment, so peak tourist season, I would happily recommened the YHA hostel in Wellington, its the best one I've stayed in Australasia, private rooms aswell, but might not be his cup of tea!!!

Apart from that, just try some of the main hotels, there is a fairly new Holiday Inn for one...
Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks

Thanks in advance!!
I live as far out as Porirua and it takes me under 1 hr door to door with bus, train and short walk to get to work in the CBD, so don't restrict yourself to just the city, as rents are likely to be higher than a bit further out. Pretty much everywhere is within an hour of Wellington upto the Kapiti Coast. What's your budget (per week)?
Old Jan 10th 2008, 12:00 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Personal recommendation from me: Central City Apartment Hotel.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your recommendations everyone. Especially Irnbru as I've booked OH into Quest for a few days.

I managed to find a lovely little place in Waikanae after that so we can test the commute before buying.

See you all soon
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for your recommendations everyone. Especially Irnbru as I've booked OH into Quest for a few days.

I managed to find a lovely little place in Waikanae after that so we can test the commute before buying.

See you all soon
Glad to be of service, hope it all goes well for you both