British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Wellies Newsletter and April Meeting (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/wellies-newsletter-april-meeting-527371/)

RobClubley Apr 7th 2008 1:10 am

Wellies Newsletter and April Meeting

Wellies Monthly Newsletter - April

Kia Ora,

It has been a fantastic summer here in Wellington, hopefully many of you will have managed to get out there and grab some of the arts festival or the other events happening around town.

The next event/ festival coming up is the International Comedy Festival from the 20th April - 10th May. We would definitely advise to book your tickets early for the major events - Rob tells me Ben Hurley is highly recommended, while I would go to see Flight of the Concords' Arj Barker.
We will have our next monthly meeting at a comedy night, and have chosen to see Simon McKinney on Wednesday 23rd April (it was early in the evening and cheap, plus he has won a couple of awards :-D ). Read the review here. It is at the San Francisco Bathhouse on Cuba St, and costs . We will be meeting at 6pm at the venue to have a quick beer and catch-up beforehand, the event starts at 7pm.

We will be making a group booking - it will save each member the $8 booking fee plus a $3 discount, making it $15 pp instead of $26!! Cut off date for this will be Monday April 14th - pls let us know if you would like discounted tickets and how many people, and we will email you The Wellies bank account details. Tickets will not be bought until payment is confirmed!!

However you can always book tickets via ticketek, or go through the review link above. If you choose to do this please reply to this email letting me know how many people you will be bringing, and I will reserve an area and sort out some food.

Latest update on the website development:- work has started on project meetings, expected finish date will be the end of June!

I have received a couple of queries from people asking about IBM Mainframe developer opportunities in Wellington. If you work for a company and have a vacancy, pls reply and let us know and we will hook you up with the relevent people. Or put a vacancy up in the Job section of the message boards and they will contact you!

To those people in the UK looking for jobs in New Zealand, Absolute IT have reminded us about their offices in London - check them out here. They are able to interview you for NZ roles in their UK offices and can get you some way down the 'EOI'/ job visa mine field before you have to come over to NZ. (We do not receive any commission from them by the way!)
Also - a big thank you to the couple of people who have offered their kind assistance over the last few weeks with various aspects of The Wellies. We absolutely need your help so if we have not got back to you yet pls be patient - we will get in touch with you soon!

And on a final note - congratualtions to Rob Clubley who went all tribal on us and got himself a ta moko (kiwi tattoo) halfway down his arm! check out his (publicly available) blog here for pics!

cheers all - see you for the Comedy on Wednesday April 23rd, around 6pm for a beer, San Francisco Bathhouse on Cuba St!
Tom LeGrice
The Wellies
Email: [email protected]