Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Well, we're back!!!

Well, we're back!!!

Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:49 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well, we're back!!!

In rotten old Illinois.

Can already feel jet-lag hitting after 28 hours of travelling, and will be pretty absent (probably) until Monday, when I find out if I'm going to get made redundant or not.

I did this yesterday / Thursday / whatever day it was (it's the Auckland Sky Jump).

And I even have the T-shirt to prove it!

Awesome time had by all, a couple of job prospects, and we got our ITA while we were away, woot!

Right, I'm off to collapse now and try to get over my jetlag. Strange to have a day lasting 41 hours, but still...
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Well, we're back!!!

ha ha spot the tourist..the jump is awesome isnt it

welcome back (not to the land of the living yet)

glad you had fun, talk to you next week when you may be in the land of the living after some sleep

Dawn
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back!

Can't wait to hear how it all went and how you found it x

Michelle x

PS: We were selected AND sold the house while you were away
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:22 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwprwn
ha ha spot the tourist..the jump is awesome isnt it

welcome back (not to the land of the living yet)

glad you had fun, talk to you next week when you may be in the land of the living after some sleep

Dawn
Hee hee and then you have the tourists gaping back up at the other tourists jumping off!

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Welcome back!

Can't wait to hear how it all went and how you found it x

Michelle x

PS: We were selected AND sold the house while you were away
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!! Fantastic news, many many congrats to you both!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!! Fantastic news, many many congrats to you both!

Thankyou hun I changed my taste in music and they let me in So it did work after all ..... LOL
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:20 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back missus
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:05 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
In rotten old Illinois.
Glad you survived the trip m8ty, decided where you want to live yet??
Feel free to pick our brains on the bits N of Auckland
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:23 am
Maz

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Thankyou hun I changed my taste in music and they let me in So it did work after all ..... LOL
Que?...

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Welcome back missus
Cheers luvvie! Am registered "over there" now.

Originally Posted by lardyl
Glad you survived the trip m8ty, decided where you want to live yet??
Feel free to pick our brains on the bits N of Auckland
Would love to live as close to Welly as poss, but finances will decide that, as well as job offers. Those are still rather up in the air right now.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:26 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
....Would love to live as close to Welly as poss, but finances will decide that, as well as job offers. Those are still rather up in the air right now.
This time next year we could be down there............depends...........but it ain't bad up here if you can survive the commute to Jafa-land
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:27 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Maz
Would love to live as close to Welly as poss, but finances will decide that, as well as job offers. Those are still rather up in the air right now.
BTW best of luck on the financial front - it can all get a bit hairy out here if you dont have "something by you".
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

God Maz, you're brave - leaping off that tower!! Hope you had a brill time here, it was great to meet you and your family. Karma sent for a good job offer!!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 10:34 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Watching someone do that (the sky tower jump) is enough of an adrenalin rush for me Well done Maz!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Kerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really nice

Hi Maz
It was really nice to meet you and your lovely family, we wish you all the best in the future for coming over and hopefully we will get to meet you again.

PS Brave brave woman!!

Kerry
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

So thats where you were!- You're brave, I watched someone do it and decided I didn't need another tee shirt
We hung around Auckland motel on Thursday morning waiting for you hope you were ok
We're jetlagged too! Trying to catch up on the BE news. Spent yesterday in bed sick but need to take cheque to rental agent so we can move in this week!