Well that was quick

Well that was quick

Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

fran & edd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Well that was quick

Originally Posted by Sally
Hi Frances

I thought Singapore Airlines had more leg room than other airlines?
Hope all is well?
Sally

Hi Sally

they have a seat pitch of 33 inches and Malaysian have 34", but it depends on what shape the seats are etc and apparently you cant go just by pitch..I flew with them in Dec round trip to Auckland and they were great but I ended up in A&E with a swollen leg after a rather uncomfortable last leg (Singapore to London) coming home (it turned out not to be DVT but was attributed to the flight) so made a personal decision to do all I could to find the roomiest economy seats for going back! (Business class is just too expensive otherwise I'd pay a bit more for that). I'm about 5'8" and have long legs, and I do find it difficult to sit still anyway (!), I'm sure most people will be very comfy flying with SA. My main problem is I just cant sleep on flights. I'd say SA are the best airline I've ever flown with if that helps (sorry if Ive confused you).

Frances
Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Tayberry will become famous soon enoughTayberry will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Well that was quick

Originally Posted by fran & edd
Hi Sally

they have a seat pitch of 33 inches and Malaysian have 34", but it depends on what shape the seats are etc and apparently you cant go just by pitch..I flew with them in Dec round trip to Auckland and they were great but I ended up in A&E with a swollen leg after a rather uncomfortable last leg (Singapore to London) coming home (it turned out not to be DVT but was attributed to the flight) so made a personal decision to do all I could to find the roomiest economy seats for going back! (Business class is just too expensive otherwise I'd pay a bit more for that). I'm about 5'8" and have long legs, and I do find it difficult to sit still anyway (!), I'm sure most people will be very comfy flying with SA. My main problem is I just cant sleep on flights. I'd say SA are the best airline I've ever flown with if that helps (sorry if Ive confused you).

Frances
I know what you are saying Frances! To be honest, I'm a mere midget (5"6) compared to some blokes (and some women!!) on these long haul flights and I feel so sorry for them. I found my legs got sore too but I chose an aisle seat so you can stretch out a bit more. In general, I know it's not economical, but they really should give people more room on these kind of long haul flights. The man in front of me on the flight from London to Auckland was large-I mean broad and tall. He must have been in agony. I know I was when he set his seat back and in the process, about broke both of my legs!!

I'm flying with SA on the way home to the UK but I'm doing a bit of travelling before I get home i.e Cook Islands (14 days), Singapore (7 days), Kuala Lumpar (2 days), Penang (10 days), Langkawi (8 days), back to Singapore then London. Life's such a bitch!! I'm flying with Air NZ and Malaysian Airlines too. Will try and log on here to let you know what I think.

Take care Frances. Kind regards Iona