Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

well..I've seen my first one of the season..

well..I've seen my first one of the season..

Old Nov 18th 2008, 2:47 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: well..I've seen my first one of the season..

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
So you know the kinds of food my mom always fixes. I do a mix of these with a more modern flair.

DH loves cornbread...he had his first sample this summer in TN.
Yup, I know the traditions, my ex MIL (RIP) served all that. She was from Gallia County.

We call cornbread jonnycake in New England.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 2:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I saw my first tree up two weeks ago...can't avoid decorations and trees at Target, Wallyworld etc....slightly scary...The mall got decorations up a couple odd weeks ago as well, which is odd....much nicer this time around compared to the cheesy 70's decorations last year, but new stuff in the mall, they want it a bit posh...
Old Nov 18th 2008, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I saw my first tree up two weeks ago...can't avoid decorations and trees at Target, Wallyworld etc....slightly scary...The mall got decorations up a couple odd weeks ago as well, which is odd....much nicer this time around compared to the cheesy 70's decorations last year, but new stuff in the mall, they want it a bit posh...
My neighbours from off the mountain got their giant inflatables out for the season. Unfortunately it's blowing a gale through here and the things keep getting flattened.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 4:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
I was driving home from picking DD up from school yesterday and whilst we were sat there at the lights I glanced over to my right and there it was...strapped to the top of the Jeep Cherokee like a trussed up offering...

Yep you've guessed it I'd just seen my first christmas tree being taken home by a Customer..

is it me or are people starting earlier and earlier...
My daughter got one at the weekend...her boyfriend bought it for her. She's so excited as this will be the first time she is spending Christmas in her home. She is decorating the tree this weekend. That's waaaaaay too early for me.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My daughter got one at the weekend...her boyfriend bought it for her. She's so excited as this will be the first time she is spending Christmas in her home. She is decorating the tree this weekend. That's waaaaaay too early for me.
My OH likes putting the tree up the weekend after T'giving and taking it down the weekend after xmas.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 6:13 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Janek66
My neighbours from off the mountain got their giant inflatables out for the season. Unfortunately it's blowing a gale through here and the things keep getting flattened.
A couple of years ago we had "Slashers" on the loose in my town. They wreaked havoc on the giant Santas, reindeer, snowmen, etc. in town. They were eventually caught and said they were just trying to do their part to keep America beautiful.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

A couple of years ago we had "Slashers" on the loose in my town. They wreaked havoc on the giant Santas, reindeer, snowmen, etc. in town. They were eventually caught and said they were just trying to do their part to keep America beautiful.
LOL....There is a little town (for want of a better word) up on the mountain and the amount of inflatables there are up there in December is frightening. One house even has a giant snow globe on their roof top.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 11:08 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL....There is a little town (for want of a better word) up on the mountain and the amount of inflatables there are up there in December is frightening. One house even has a giant snow globe on their roof top.
I saw one of those too! We'll see if it makes an appearance this year. People haven't started decorating here yet.....just the retailers.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

I saw one of those too! We'll see if it makes an appearance this year. People haven't started decorating here yet.....just the retailers.
There are three flattened inflatables in the yard of my neighbors. They haven't yet figured out that it is a combo of wind and cold temps that causes them to collapse like that. Meanwhile, the folk opposite us will be out this weekend decorating there house. Well, poor George will be out there perched on a ladder or up on the roof, while his enormous heffer of a wife will be verbally lashing him.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 5:14 pm
Queen of my house

There are three flattened inflatables in the yard of my neighbors. They haven't yet figured out that it is a combo of wind and cold temps that causes them to collapse like that. Meanwhile, the folk opposite us will be out this weekend decorating there house. Well, poor George will be out there perched on a ladder or up on the roof, while his enormous heffer of a wife will be verbally lashing him.
Better than going out to a show!
Old Nov 19th 2008, 5:17 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
I was driving home from picking DD up from school yesterday and whilst we were sat there at the lights I glanced over to my right and there it was...strapped to the top of the Jeep Cherokee like a trussed up offering...

Yep you've guessed it I'd just seen my first christmas tree being taken home by a Customer..

is it me or are people starting earlier and earlier...
I was thinking this thread might be about those hideous cardigans that middle aged women bring out every year with reindeer, sparkles and christmas shit all over them
Old Nov 19th 2008, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
I was thinking this thread might be about those hideous cardigans that middle aged women bring out every year with reindeer, sparkles and christmas shit all over them
MY MIL (bless her cottons) loves buying them for my girls