Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Well, I'm cured from the NZ bug. (Warning: negative thread)

Well, I'm cured from the NZ bug. (Warning: negative thread)

Old Dec 1st 2006, 2:22 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well, I'm cured from the NZ bug. (Warning: negative thread)

Originally Posted by cyndi

By then I'd found most of the immigration forums & figured out that the same negative posters were on each forum, some with different names.

So true!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Negative or Reality?
Soz we forgot-the words NZ and Negative are NOT to be used together.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
So true!
Yes they are on different forums (or were) and Yes, use(d) different names.
Some still active, some not.
Hey if you only wanna hear good stories, thats fine by me.
Just hope all the Fairy Tale dreams come true for all migrants to whichever country they decide.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:56 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Rascal you're being very defensive and you just dont seem to realise that they are not reality posts for everyone just some people and the people who are happy are entitled to their opinions too as they are OUR reality posts - you've had loads to say in the past, why not give us a go our opinions are just as valid as your ones, and I dont remember anyone saying negative and NZ werent allowed to be in the same sentence.You also got a lot of support when things werent going well - it would be nice of you could just be happy for people.

I remember when all the positive posters were being jumped on. It's not nice. What is nice is seeing some of us standing up and saying we are happy and not being scared to say it anymore for fear of being told we were lying!

Last edited by pixi-dust; Dec 1st 2006 at 4:06 am.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

nickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant future

Hi

We get the message, now stop arguing and start a new fresh thread each of you.

Nick
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:22 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

One of my posts as gone

Anyway. I went out for a meal a while ago with a friend. We both ordered the same things. I loved my meal, they didnt.

My point is: same meal, same place = different experience
Old Dec 1st 2006, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Perdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to all

I have been reading this and other forums for a while and read with equal courtesy the positive and negative threads. Personally my philosophy is that it is better to have had an adventure than wake up in 30 years time regretting that you never did anything. I can't wait to get to NZ, if it goes pear shape, so what, we had an adventure and the kids got a great life experience.
Thank you Pixi-dust and Batty for your always inspirational moments and Goldberry, if that is you really done with your dream, best wishes for all you do.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:32 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perdana
I have been reading this and other forums for a while and read with equal courtesy the positive and negative threads. Personally my philosophy is that it is better to have had an adventure than wake up in 30 years time regretting that you never did anything. I can't wait to get to NZ, if it goes pear shape, so what, we had an adventure and the kids got a great life experience.
Thank you Pixi-dust and Batty for your always inspirational moments and Goldberry, if that is you really done with your dream, best wishes for all you do.
Welcome to the forum

And a very nice post and bang on the money too. Have some karma
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 3:06 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Goldberry you are doing the best thing for you and yours and if you've had doubts it's good that you listened to them
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 7:34 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
hang on a sec - 24/7 sun? No money worries? Are you talking about us? Lots of capital to take out? Cos if you are suggesting that that describes us then the only bit you've got right is the 20 acres part. ( which would be a lot of peoples idea of hell - so hardly a positive for the majority) it was a bit of a dig me thinks.
No children, where to live, what we choose to do as a profession - these are all personal choices that anyone can make - I dont consider it lucky that we can work up here - its a culmination of years and years of hard graft and unimaginable stress - I sincerely hope you're not suggesting that these are the only things that will lead to a happy life in NZ or anywhere??? There are stacks of families with the 2.4 kids and money worries who are totally happy here. I know lots of them.
And lets be honest here - you wouldnt want to live on a farm in the sticks - there are no shops. So please dont assume that this is why I'm happy - I'm pretty much always happy. I'm a happy person.
Not being funny PD but if you're so happy why are you always on this forum?
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 7:54 am
Banned

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Not being funny PD but if you're so happy why are you always on this forum?
Surely you dont have to be un-happy to post. Maybe she is speading the joy as well as the Pixie-Dust
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on this forum quite a bit too but I'm not unhappy here. I was thinking..... well, why do I still come on here? Well... I suppose you kinda get addicted before you come out and even after you are here you still like to catch up with whats going on.... its kinda like having some cyber friends and you're interested in their journeys.... and what they think when they get here.... just in my nature to be nosey! Its also possible to make real life friends from meeting in here too... I have. I cant think why youd have to be unhappy to be posting here... sometimes we make mistakes and then we pass on our information, good or bad to others on here to stop them making the same mistakes..... and we try to help each other out too.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Perdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SarahB
I'm on this forum quite a bit too but I'm not unhappy here. I was thinking..... well, why do I still come on here? Well... I suppose you kinda get addicted before you come out and even after you are here you still like to catch up with whats going on.... its kinda like having some cyber friends and you're interested in their journeys.... and what they think when they get here.... just in my nature to be nosey! Its also possible to make real life friends from meeting in here too... I have. I cant think why youd have to be unhappy to be posting here... sometimes we make mistakes and then we pass on our information, good or bad to others on here to stop them making the same mistakes..... and we try to help each other out too.
I have to say thats probably why I am here, its a long way from home and to meet people that are making/have made the same journey is really interesting and hopefully then to have friends in the country would be great. As I said previously to read the positive and negative are equally important and lets face it who would keep revisiting if it was moaning and negative every day?!
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well, I'm cured from the NZ bug. (Warning: negative thread)

I come on here because I am a sad miserable git.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 11:25 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Just because we move to another country doesn't mean that we change the sort of people we are. The fact that we're on forums at all means that we're internet junkies. My hubby sells cars and everytime a newbie from the UK (a few times a week) comes onto his forecourt he asks them if they've heard of the immigration forums but to date only three people have and that's because they knew who he was through me. It makes me laugh when I see people bringing up that old chestnut about 'if you're so happy, why're you on here?" For God's sake - we're living here - we're not on holiday and out of the house 24/7. We don't have children to have to look after and we hardly ever turn the tv on at the weekends but if we're not out hubby's got his stockcar forums and I've got mine and we read and chat (to each other too ) and read and ...... etc.etc. It comes and goes in phases too. Sometimes you've got loads on and you can't be bothered - other times it's quiet and it's nice to catch up with what's going on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.