Well Hung!

Old May 7th 2010, 4:05 am

pestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the rough
Default Well Hung!

Well as if I didnt need another reason to be so very glad im out of the UK todays election results have made me even the more happy I got out of the crap that was once Great Britain!

Good luck with living there without a goverment with any substance will be fun to watch who cuts what from where to save the 50 million plus pounds they need to.

Maybe a move to Greece might be a good option now!
Old May 7th 2010, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

zoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nice
Default Re: Well Hung!

Hard to have much sympathy fora country that replaces labour with tory. I can't think of anything that Labour got wrong (which was plenty)that Tories wouldnt have gotten equally wrong. Idon't understand how voting conservative is a protest against Labour considering they are virtually identical.

I certainly don't think anything of Cameroon- he's just a substanceless spiv. Labour have made themselves unelectable which leaves the liberals!!!

Oh well,a hung parliament will lead to PR and perhaps to government that has to work together; so perhaps its all for the best in the long term.

No matter how it turns out, the people of Britain will pay the price of their collective incompetence.
Old May 7th 2010, 5:09 am

pestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the rough

maybe its because over a third of the UK arn't even officialy there!

As for the we couldnt vote brigade what bollo..s that is.

They could have voted by post or got up early.Typical brits always someone elses fault never theirs.
Old May 7th 2010, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

grantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to all

awesome, lets all watch the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. (as always)
Old May 7th 2010, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they'll get rid of this first past the post electoral method crap...
Old May 7th 2010, 7:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Um. Quite. Simon Mark Ellis.

Don't we already have proportional representation here in New Zealand working as government. Everyone says it's a hide into no actual concrete decision making. Wishy Washy and all that.

Hung Parliament = Proportional Representation IMVHO. H = humble of course.
Old May 7th 2010, 8:05 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by grantanddebs
awesome, lets all watch the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. (as always)
hmmmmm..I think you'll find it's more of a case of the middle income people taking the pain, people on paye and owning property (paying community tax) will be the losers. (As always) The rich have accountants to reduce their tax bill. The bludgers won't be affected either ..
Old May 7th 2010, 9:42 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pestman
Well as if I didnt need another reason to be so very glad im out of the UK todays election results have made me even the more happy I got out of the crap that was once Great Britain!

Good luck with living there without a goverment with any substance will be fun to watch who cuts what from where to save the 50 million plus pounds they need to.

Maybe a move to Greece might be a good option now!
Can I ask how hung???
Old May 7th 2010, 9:44 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Well
Old May 8th 2010, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Um. Quite. Simon Mark Ellis.

Don't we already have proportional representation here in New Zealand working as government. Everyone says it's a hide into no actual concrete decision making. Wishy Washy and all that.

Hung Parliament = Proportional Representation IMVHO. H = humble of course.
PR gets my vote everytime...
Old May 10th 2010, 10:00 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Well Hung!

Originally Posted by grantanddebs
That was the case under Labour as well: http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...n-incomes-poor

Envy has no place in politics and distribution of wealth wouldn’t be such a contentious issue if incomes where rising. There had been a lack of income growth for all middle and working classes across the developed world.

Taxing the rich to give to the poor is futile, you have to offer people the opportunities to improve their skills and knowledge. This is why as sceptical as I am about the future viability of many social constructs (including public services and minimum wage) I’ve always believed education should be free for everybody always. In a modern capitalist society the lack of saleable skills is the root of real poverty . We should always allow people the ability to get their foot in the door and education is the crowbar that does that, it is freedom for everybody from every background in life .
Old May 10th 2010, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
PR gets my vote everytime...
Really?

Well that will please the BNP!

They got more votes than the SNP, Greens, Sinn Fein, Plaid Cymru, Etc, Etc.

Do you really want them in Parliament?
Old May 11th 2010, 12:39 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Well Hung!

Originally Posted by Robbie2010
Do you really want them in Parliament?
I’d like to see them survive public opinion after a tour in the trenches of parliament.

That aside their views are relevant as well, I may not always (or even often) agree with them but that doesn’t mean a widely healed view shouldn’t have representation.
Old May 11th 2010, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I’d like to see them survive public opinion after a tour in the trenches of parliament.

That aside their views are relevant as well, I may not always (or even often) agree with them but that doesn’t mean a widely healed view shouldn’t have representation.
You took the words right out of my mouth...
Old May 11th 2010, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Maybe they'll get rid of this first past the post electoral method crap...
If that is indeed the outcome then the great British Public deserve a pat on the back for having the nouse to deliver a hung Parliament under FPTP...not an easy thing to do. Made my day when the Tories failed to get a majority.

Let's make everyone's vote count equally and revitalise our democracy by implementing the Jenkins Report commissioned by Blair's Government as per 1997 Manifesto and then conveniently placed on backburner, when miraculously Labour kept winning under FPTP in complete contrast to 1980s and 1990s when they kept losing under it.

http://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/v...stems3.htm#STV

Last edited by luvwelly; May 11th 2010 at 5:01 am. Reason: add link to various PR systems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.