Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Well, a funny thing happend to me....

Well, a funny thing happend to me....

Old Aug 9th 2013, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of
Default Well, a funny thing happend to me....

Hi All,

As the title says............

This past week I have been Racially Profiled....

A customer who I visit ( mates with a Manager ) has allegedly commented to said manager, that he does not like my "Welshness", he's a Northland Kiwi.

Frankly I don't like the Foul Language he speaks every time I visit his Company, but hey, I have had worse.

Suppose I could be really offended, showed him my full "Welshness" found where is Holiday Home was and burnt it down........

Welcome home to a real fire, buy a holiday home in Wales...

So, I guess I wont be visiting him again any time soon... if I do, i'll take along my BIG Attitude Adjuster

This is me passing you back to the studio

Ian.
Old Aug 10th 2013, 8:33 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well, a funny thing happend to me....

Well, boyo. Yachie dah and all that.

Just start humming, 'Bread of Heaven' the next time you visit. Find out all the times Wales beat the AB's. At either the Arms Park or Millennium Stadium.

Talk about the relative state of NZ Coal mining and Welsh coal mining.

Tell him there's only you and the royal family have welsh gold wedding rings. Look up some of Rhod Gilbert's and Max Boyce's acts on, 'You Tube'. For some new material the next time you visit him.

Ask him if he can sing baritone as you want to start your own Welsh Male Voice choir. He could join....if he was Welsh. Which is just to bad because they also play rugby. Can he play rugby ?

Turn up dressed as, 'the only gay in the village'. Bring some leek soup, soda bread and Welsh cakes with you.

Last edited by Snap Shot; Aug 10th 2013 at 8:41 am.
Old Aug 10th 2013, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

You can,t blame the fella I have had many dealings with the Welsh and lets be honest your all a bit "odd"

Neil
Old Aug 10th 2013, 7:53 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
You can,t blame the fella I have had many dealings with the Welsh and lets be honest your all a bit "odd"

Neil
Old Aug 10th 2013, 9:36 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil

Neil
30-3
Old Aug 12th 2013, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

kiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised he didn't claim to be Welsh himself. After 28 years here I've yet to meet a Kiwi. They all claim to be part English/Scots/Welsh/Irish or a combination of a dozen other nationalities
I had one bloke tell me he was "half English, half Irish and half Scots" which was strange as there didn't appear to be more than one of him.
Pete
Old Aug 12th 2013, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Ian

Sounds like the client is a dick

No need to defend being welsh.

All Black heritage comes from the home countries