Welcome Bay BOP

Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Welcome Bay BOP

Hi Hubby has a secured a job at Tauranga Hosp and we have finally submitted our EOI this week, we are looking into welcome bay do anyone know what it is like for housing and schooling and how far from the hosp it roughly is.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:35 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Welcome Bay BOP

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373
Hi Hubby has a secured a job at Tauranga Hosp and we have finally submitted our EOI this week, we are looking into welcome bay do anyone know what it is like for housing and schooling and how far from the hosp it roughly is.
Congratulations to your Hubby. He may want to contact iwannagonow who has just started as a theatre nurse at Tauranga hospital?

I am not a huge fan of Welcome Bay - but that may just be me! With regards to how far from the hospital, I would say probably 10 minutes drive, maybe slightly more in rush hour.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi can you tell me why you don`t like welcome bay is it a bad area, can you recommend any other areas to us
Thanks for the congrats we are dead excited now !!!

Last edited by MooMoo290373; Mar 8th 2009 at 8:49 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:06 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi can you tell me why you don`t like welcome bay is it a bad area, can you recommend any other areas to us
Thanks for the congrats we are dead excited now !!!
It's not a "bad" area, I just hear "bad" things about it!

Maybe research Ohauiti, Avenues, Matua, Otumotei (think I've spelt that wrong ...) and Pillans Point?
Old Mar 8th 2009, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond repute

The Selwyn Ridge area of Welcome Bay is leafy and attractive and the primary school ( Selwyn Ridge Primary ) has a good reputation. I had to attend to some business at the school recently and found the staff to be very cheery and helpful. The grounds of the school are pleasant and well maintained. A 10 - 15 minute drive would be a fair estimate in distance to the hospital.Parking at the hospital can be problematic for non senior medical staff . Just factor in a possible 5 - 10 min. walk too.
The Avenues is a popular choice for hospital staff, as biking becomes an option - look anywhere from 15th Avenue towards the city centre. Tauranga City Primary and St Marys Catholic primary school, both situated in the Avenues , have excellent reputations.
Pyes Pa is another handy location to the hospital - 5 minutes by car approx. The other suburbs mentioned by Am Loolah are worth considering too. You're really rather spoilt for choice !
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Bolton_boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Welcome Bay BOP

We live in Rotorua - so I can't comment as an insider. My son has friends that live in Welcome Bay - I haven't got a particular problem with it. I could live there. I think you have to see a place (including some of the others mentionsed) to get to know what what is good and what is to be avoided. Houses are all different - so it really is down to looking very carefully and taking good advice.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:23 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

We were originally going to move to the BOP and trailed round heaps of areas with different local realators. Welcome Bay was an area we were told was not so good. I don't know why. The house we looked at there was lovely but quite considerably cheaper than those of similar size/age in other districts in the area so I guess that gives an indication of it being a less attractive area.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 11:01 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Know the hospital very well

Avoid Welcome bay if budget can stretch elsewhere
Old Mar 15th 2009, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thx for that we are looking into other parts now