Weekend away!

Old May 17th 2009, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

kimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to all
Question Weekend away!

Hi

I want to take my partner away for a suprise weekend but have no idea where to go! We are in Auckland at the mo and im willing to travel to get to places. Im looking for somewhere that has something to do whatever the weather! If any one has any suggestions that would be great.

Thanks

Kim x
Old May 17th 2009, 2:00 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weekend away!

Wellington. It's a good weekend away. Hotels are comparatively cheap (for a city), there's plenty to do. If you decided to rent a car you could go away further from the city but there's also plenty to do within walking distance.

Galleries & museums to visit during the day (Wellington City & Sea museum is great), go to a show or theatre performance in the evening. Have lunch at a nice wee cafe somewhere.

Depending on when you want to go you can check Air NZ, Pacific Blue and Jetstar. Not sure if Qantas will be running any flights once Jetstar starts????? Regardless there's a few airlines to pick from.

If it was a bit later in the year (ie warmer) I would even say arrive Friday night, spend one day in the Wairarapa (buy a wine & travel package) and another day in Wellington. Then get a late flight home.

But I think there's plenty to do to occupy a tourist.
Old May 17th 2009, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

DTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really nice

Hi

I don't know if you have used this aa website before, but it looks fab and you can tick what kind of a weekend you would like to experience and..... hey presto!! unfortunately we never seem to have much money left to book anything ourselves

http://www.aatravel.co.nz/101/index....dvanceSearch=1
Old May 17th 2009, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Rotorua is a good place to visit and not too far away. We have been there twice now and theres plenty to do there.
Old May 17th 2009, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

hey - if you can travel - fly to queenstown - loads to do: jet boat, luge, gondola, bungy, private hot pools, minus 5 ice bar,
have a good one
Old May 17th 2009, 10:27 am
Just Joined

kepow has a brilliant futurekepow has a brilliant futurekepow has a brilliant futurekepow has a brilliant futurekepow has a brilliant futurekepow has a brilliant future

this would be my ideal weekend away

http://www.totaltravel.co.nz/link.asp?fid=573400
Old May 17th 2009, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Try Waitomo and the glow worm caves, their underground so the weather's no worry and not too far to drive to for the weekend. The kiwi house on the way at otorohanga is also worth visiting.
Old May 17th 2009, 7:21 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kepow View Post

That looks lovely, I want to go!
Old May 17th 2009, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

kimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to all

Thanks so much for all ur suggestions, I think we are going to go to Rotorua
Old May 17th 2009, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kepow View Post

Mine too. Not only is it a beautiful part of NZ but has so much early history to explore.

Enjoy Rotorua kimberleyclarke2
Old May 17th 2009, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold

I just booked flights to Welly for $29 through Jetstar...Never been to Wellington before....Have always wanted to go to Te Papa and the nightlife seems to be good fun down there.
Old May 18th 2009, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimberleyclarke2 View Post
Thanks so much for all ur suggestions, I think we are going to go to Rotorua

If you want any info about things to do in Rotorua just PM me
It's a great place & lots of activities, although admittedly it's better if it's not raining. I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Of course I am ever so slightly prejudiced
Old May 18th 2009, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Wellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NZGrl View Post
the nightlife seems to be good fun down there.
Courtney place is where to go. Bars, restaurants cafes, nightclubs etc etc and it's usually really vibrant until at least 2 in the morning and often until much later. (Rather depends on the rain, which is forecast to be quite bad this weekend.)

You'll love Te Papa, but make sure you've got at least a half a day to do it any justice and check out the earthquake proof shock absorbers on the foundations.

Will
Old May 18th 2009, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

MagpieStu has a brilliant futureMagpieStu has a brilliant futureMagpieStu has a brilliant futureMagpieStu has a brilliant futureMagpieStu has a brilliant futureMagpieStu has a brilliant futureMagpieStu has a brilliant future

When you go to Rotorua - you've got to do the luge....My kids loved it but not as much as me
Old May 18th 2009, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MagpieStu View Post
When you go to Rotorua - you've got to do the luge....My kids loved it but not as much as me
I have just looked it up and it looks really fun!!

x