British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   A wee hello ........ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/wee-hello-712724/)

Gillthescot Apr 9th 2011 10:43 pm

A wee hello ........

HI everyone

Im Gill from Dundee Scotland been living in Tauranga NZ for nearly 3 years now with my kiwi partner and new baby girl just turning 5 months , since my little girl came along have been really homesick and just wanted to get chatting to other people who understand how im feeling and get things off my chest. So if you are up for a blether (wee chat) come and say hello.

Look forward to chatting !!!:)

alanmacc Apr 10th 2011 8:31 pm

Re: A wee hello ........

Originally Posted by Gillthescot (Post 9295546)
HI everyone

Im Gill from Dundee Scotland been living in Tauranga NZ for nearly 3 years now with my kiwi partner and new baby girl just turning 5 months , since my little girl came along have been really homesick and just wanted to get chatting to other people who understand how im feeling and get things off my chest. So if you are up for a blether (wee chat) come and say hello.

Look forward to chatting !!!:)

Hey Gill

We are originally from Glasgow and been here in SI for 4 years this year, I have never really been homesick but my OH has had a few pangs of homesickness but I think all in all we just look at what we have here and compare it to what we had back in Scotland and this always comes out tops.

Family and friends aside that is, but they are only a wee phone call away, go on phone them at 2 in the morning their time ... lol that lets you see who really misses you :) but in all seriousness im sure your wee girl will keep you well occupied can remember when our wee girl was 5 months ahhhh bliss you could sit her on the floor and go get a coffee and come back and she was still in same place ......... lol but then they learn to crawl...., if you feel like a sound off please shout away

MY OH did her nurse training in Dundee

Keep your chin up :)

Alan

BEVS Apr 11th 2011 10:06 pm

Hi there and welcome to this cosy wee forum.

Get yourself over to the main NZ forum and have a bit of a browse and a chat. Several folk live in the Tauranga area.

all the Best and Happy Posting. :)

Am Loolah Apr 12th 2011 2:30 am

Hi Gill and welcome to BE.:thumbsup:

I've been in Tauranga for nearly 4 years now and love it still. My kids are older than yours, but if you ever get a babysitter there are sometimes coffee/wine/netball meet ups?

I have a friend here from Scotland who often does the quiz at Rain on a Tuesday night if you were free?

scrubbedexpat094 Apr 12th 2011 4:36 am

Welcome to our friendly NZ forum Gill. Hopefully chatting on here will make you feel less homesick. I've been here over 4 years now & still get bouts of homesickness now & again.

Congratulations on your baby girl. Hope you are enjoying her. Motherhood can be a lonely time initially, as well as being exhausting plus those damn hormones raging about :blink:. I'm north of Auckland so can't manage a meet-up I'm afraid but there are plenty of friendly people & one mad woman:sneaky: (hey Am Loo?!) in Tauranga who'll be happy to meet up :thumbup:

Happy posting :thumbsup:

florabundi Apr 22nd 2011 7:48 pm

Hi Gill ~ hope you meet heaps of nice folk in you area real soon:D Me and the family are in the process of applying for our visas and hope to be in NZ by late 2011/early 2012. We are moving from rural NE Scotland and wondered how you have found NZ in comparison? Is the weather what you were expecting and any other tips gratefully received. It's been lovely and sunny for a whole week now in the NE!:)