British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Weather in the uk (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/weather-uk-420761/)

sky Jan 22nd 2007 7:02 am

Weather in the uk

What's it like there folks :)

poppets Jan 22nd 2007 7:09 am

Re: Weather in the uk

Originally Posted by sky (Post 4311097)

its supposed to be snowing an aberdeen

sky Jan 22nd 2007 7:17 am

Originally Posted by poppets (Post 4311111)

Details would be nice, gory ones are the best :D Is it horrifically cold etc, etc:thumbup:

cherry Jan 22nd 2007 7:18 am

Snow is good enough for them anyway HAHA ,Granite City is one of the coldest places I ever went to once and never returned .
I hear it is chilly all over the UK and worse is yet to come with cold spells ,frost and snow for poor old blighty ,oh its nice to be a POME
(prisoner of mother england) I think its fun here .A winter here is only like autumn there .

Boopy Jan 22nd 2007 7:18 am

Originally Posted by sky (Post 4311097)

It's been snowing on the Scottish Borders. Ooh and them awful winds, you take the rough with the smooth. UK has just had the best summer on record.

UKNZAUS Jan 22nd 2007 7:18 am

Morning/evening!

Well here in the North West (Lancashire) it's not bad! Bit chilly but no wind and rain woohooooo. I'm sure the rain isn't far away though ....

Go on tell me how wonderful your weather has been today ...... :D

Michelle & Carl

sky Jan 22nd 2007 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 4311126)
Morning/evening!

Well here in the North West (Lancashire) it's not bad! Bit chilly but no wind and rain woohooooo. I'm sure the rain isn't far away though ....

Go on tell me how wonderful your weather has been today ...... :D

Michelle & Carl

Oh ok :cool: The heat today was just like stepping into an oven. It didn't last though and as I drove back to Rangi it clouded over ..... Gutted!

cherry Jan 22nd 2007 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Boopy (Post 4311125)
It's been snowing on the Scottish Borders. Ooh and them awful winds, you take the rough with the smooth. UK has just had the best summer on record.

You are kidding ,I was there for it and I never thought it was the best ever ,I can remember hotter ones .As a kid I can remember all the cold winters .Here now we just turn on the leccy blanket for a couple of hours and the bed is warmed to a tea.Its not that bad here .We are all leccy heating and will prob invest in a burner either gas or wood soon ,more for the pleasing look a fire gives rather than just blown heat.I can never say it is as cold here as it was in the uk.Pehaps thats cos I am a bit of hot stuff;)

sky Jan 22nd 2007 7:33 am

Originally Posted by cherry (Post 4311146)
You are kidding ,I was there for it and I never thought it was the best ever ,I can remember hotter ones .As a kid I can remember all the cold winters .Here now we just turn on the leccy blanket for a couple of hours and the bed is warmed to a tea.Its not that bad here .We are all leccy heating and will prob invest in a burner either gas or wood soon ,more for the pleasing look a fire gives rather than just blown heat.I can never say it is as cold here as it was in the uk.Pehaps thats cos I am a bit of hot stuff;)

Electric blankets are so horrible and dangerous, I would rather have millions of blankets than depend on those death traps. Get a log burner and you will find lots of free wood to burn on it :)

Boopy Jan 22nd 2007 7:34 am

Originally Posted by cherry (Post 4311146)
You are kidding ,I was there for it and I never thought it was the best ever ,I can remember hotter ones .As a kid I can remember all the cold winters .Here now we just turn on the leccy blanket for a couple of hours and the bed is warmed to a tea.Its not that bad here .We are all leccy heating and will prob invest in a burner either gas or wood soon ,more for the pleasing look a fire gives rather than just blown heat.I can never say it is as cold here as it was in the uk.

Pehaps thats cos I am a bit of hot stuff;)

Are you going through the change!

sky Jan 22nd 2007 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Boopy (Post 4311155)
Are you going through the change!

Funny :D

Boopy Jan 22nd 2007 7:37 am

Originally Posted by sky (Post 4311153)
Electric blankets are so horrible and dangerous, I would rather have millions of blankets than depend on those death traps. Get a log burner and you will find lots of free wood to burn on it :)

We shipped our waterbed over here. It's great, the matress is thermostatically controlled, warm as toast.

sky Jan 22nd 2007 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Boopy (Post 4311162)
We shipped our waterbed over here. It's great, the matress is thermostatically controlled, warm as toast.

Sounds weird though, I can't imagine ever having a good nights sleep on a waterbed :confused:

cherry Jan 22nd 2007 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Boopy (Post 4311162)

A waterbed ,are you not afraid you may drift apart:lol:
Logburner +wood to get and dry = work,gas burner = easy to light and no cleaning.Also I am NOT on the change my wife is I am just the hotty in and out of the pit;)

Boopy Jan 22nd 2007 7:50 am

Originally Posted by sky (Post 4311178)
Sounds weird though, I can't imagine ever having a good nights sleep on a waterbed :confused:

It's fantastic. You sink comfortably into the mattress, no more backaches.
A few months ago when we had an earthquake, it was weird. When everything stopped shaking, the bed was still moving, abit like being on a boat.